market conditions this fall & winter

Notices

market conditions this fall & winter

Old 09-15-2010, 05:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts
Default market conditions this fall & winter

What are people feelings Fountain pricing will do the new few months? We sold our 42 and made some offers on 1998 42's and haven't found a boat I have to have yet. Found a nice 2002 47 Lightning with 500 EFI's, low hours & loaded. Just wondering if I should try and finish up a deal before winter or wait and see what pops up the next few months. I was going to stick to a 42, but the wife would like the creature comforts of a 47 and I'm not ready for cruiser yet. I think its a good move for us. Just not sure if I should wait or not.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

eddie,in your post after you sold the 42' you said you boat way too much for that type of fuel consumption,I dont think the 47' will be good on gas.LOL
Old 09-15-2010, 06:17 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd correlate the boat market directly with the stock market. If you think that the dow is going to be 10,500 or less throughout the winter I'd wait, if you think it'll be 10,500 or higher I'd buy now.

I wish I knew the answer. I have a bad feeling in the pit of my gut that we're set to see inflation and another round of recession. I think that the govt. has spent too much, done too little with what they've doled out, delayed the real recovery and the worst is yet to come. That said, my feelings are based on things generally considered lagging indicators and we could see steady increases in the equity, housing and job markets throughout the fall and winter months.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Flyin-Bryan
eddie,in your post after you sold the 42' you said you boat way too much for that type of fuel consumption,I dont think the 47' will be good on gas.LOL
My 1993 42 was a straight bottom with triple 525 SC, I'm not sure you could come up with a better combination for fuel consumption. Maybe put four of them in the engine compartment? I've got to think a stepped 47 with 500 EFI's has to do way better? Oh and they don't run on 92 either, I can run 87 in them.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:21 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

There are alot of good buys out there on 47' Fountains, I have been looking for about 6 months, just haven't found the right deal yet. Some day!
Old 09-16-2010, 05:20 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Eddie I know there is a smokin deal at Eastcoast Flight craft on a left over 05 47 that they picked up from a dealer in Ct does have a few hrs on the clock . saw it when I was there a while back don't remember the price 978-777-1721 if you waned to inquire ask for Rick or Dan good guys.
Attached Thumbnails market conditions this fall & winter-47-eastcoast.jpg  

Last edited by blownincome; 09-16-2010 at 05:24 AM.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:55 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ozarkdevil
There are alot of good buys out there on 47' Fountains, I have been looking for about 6 months, just haven't found the right deal yet. Some day!
I made a few offers on 42's and they didn't work out. Just happened to find a 47 that wants a new home. Just not sure what the bottom is going to be and you know me, I never like to hang onto a boat very long.

Originally Posted by blownincome
smokin deal at Eastcoast Flight craft on a left over 05 47
sounds nice, I will call and see what number they have on it.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ozarkdevil
We made an offer on one Saturday, waiting to hear the counter.

blown

I called on the left over, too much coin for my pockets. Good deal for someone that wants a new 2005. He said they might have a used one on the way in so I left my info. Thanks for the lead.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:12 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by eddie
We made an offer on one Saturday, waiting to hear the counter.

blown

I called on the left over, too much coin for my pockets. Good deal for someone that wants a new 2005. He said they might have a used one on the way in so I left my info. Thanks for the lead.
Your Welcome!
Old 09-21-2010, 10:55 AM
Registered

So what kind of numbers they throwing out on a boat thats left over for 6 years? What kind of power in it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.