Scott Shogren

Originally Posted by RBH
2009 42 1075"s
1999 35 with Quad Rotor 1000's
2001 35 with 1000's
2002 42 with 900's
37 Active Thunder 600's
35 Nordic 750's
We hope to have a couple more come also.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live near the Fountain factory, but haven't been keeping up with the 'Reggie issue' since I heard investors had bought the company. Then today some locals brought me up to speed. Certainly sorry to hear Reggie walked. I'd love to know why. I wouldn't think anyone would walk away from a company he started without a damn good reason.

I was planning on buying a used 38EC this year, but now that Reggie has walked, I plan to make damn sure the new management plans to support older Fountains before I bite the bullet. If I get the wrong answer I guess I'll be forced to look at another brand of boat.

As for buying a new Fountain. No rocket science here folks. If the new management can't swing good sales numbers, something (or everything) will have to give - probably starting with production quality and going down hill from there. And I sincerely hope that's not the reason Reggie walked.

Then again, if last weeks prediction of fuel going to $5 per gallon by 2012 (CNN) becomes a reality, and the economy doesn't start to turn around soon, Reggie's departure from Fountain may not make much difference.

SR-71
Old 01-03-2011, 07:51 PM
RBH
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Bullhead;3287820]Sweet....what kind of numbers did you see with the 850's

We only ran the boat one time before pulling the engines and it wasn't the best of conditions that day but still saw 116.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:56 PM
RBH
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Team Shogren
Shogren - We will see.

Thank you for the business RB.

Scott Shogren
Scott do you have a date scheduled for your event this year. We would like to come and bring some boats if possible.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SR-71

Then again, if last weeks prediction of fuel going to $5 per gallon by 2012 (CNN) becomes a reality, and the economy doesn't start to turn around soon, Reggie's departure from Fountain may not make much difference.

SR-71
Bingo.....I will walk away at 5 bones a gallon.....
Old 01-05-2011, 06:41 PM
rclaws35
Gold Member

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
Bingo.....I will walk away at 5 bones a gallon.....
I'm with ya
Old 01-05-2011, 06:59 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SR-71
I live near the Fountain factory, but haven't been keeping up with the 'Reggie issue' since I heard investors had bought the company. Then today some locals brought me up to speed. Certainly sorry to hear Reggie walked. I'd love to know why. I wouldn't think anyone would walk away from a company he started without a damn good reason.

I was planning on buying a used 38EC this year, but now that Reggie has walked, I plan to make damn sure the new management plans to support older Fountains before I bite the bullet. If I get the wrong answer I guess I'll be forced to look at another brand of boat.

As for buying a new Fountain. No rocket science here folks. If the new management can't swing good sales numbers, something (or everything) will have to give - probably starting with production quality and going down hill from there. And I sincerely hope that's not the reason Reggie walked.

SR-71
support older models how? Just curious what your thoughts are
Old 01-08-2011, 08:38 PM
Registered

Trying to wrap my mind around $5 per gallon. I burn up around 1500 gallons per year. That is $7500 bucks per season. That is a lot of money and if you cant get your mind ajusted to it then that price will ruin the one thing I love to do. Right now I am telling myself that $5 is the normal price but I am having a hard time believeing it.

All they have to do to fix this crap is take it off the comodities trading board so it is no longer suject to banks like Morgan Stanlet and Golman Sachs from buying up the future.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:36 AM
Registered

Received 281 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by GORT
Its not like Reggie was building the boats.... as long as the new owners follow the same construction process Reggie leaving changes nothing.... however moving forward.... will the new owners be as proactive as Reggie was to change? I doubt it... What made Fountain was Reggie was proactive not reactive to the market.... he has vision where many other builders wear bifocals! Can;t wait to see what he's up to next....
I think Reggie needs to get his eyes checked then! His boats look just like him.....1985..... cuz thats when the interior was last updated. Hey, at least he made it into the early nineties with his graphics. Engines....he's really ahead of the game on that. Let's see he used Mercury, then Mercury, oh and then he tried Mercury. Handling and speed, yes, it's impressive, but thats about all he's got. But yeah, Reggie didn't engineer the hull nor hand lay the glass.

I do agree it's sad that the new company is going to make profit their #1 priority over the enjoyment of the great sport of powerboating.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:07 AM
Registered

To get back on topic. Back in the 70's and 80's I was into motorcycles. Every time I passed a Harley I was a little envious. So eventually I bought one. Every now and then I would buy the new jap go fast bling bike. But it wasn't long before I wished I was back on a low tech slow ass cool as hell H-D again and again. Eventually learned my lesson and kept my butt on H-D and buy a new one every 2 or 3 years to this day. Why because it is the coolest bike you can own. Feel the same exact way about Fountains. After buying my first used Fountain back in 90. I would cheap out when upgrading through the years and have owned a few Checkmates, Formulas, and Sunsations. But, every time I saw a cool as hell Fountain at the ramp or on the water I was never satisfied with anything else. Again maybe a slow learner but nothing but Fountains for me from now on. I will admire your new go fast bling bling boats at the dock. But IMHO Fountain is the H-D of boats. Why because it is the coolest boat you can own. Very sorry to see Reggie go and wish him and his the best. In my opinion he is in a class with William S. and Author Harley, Walter and William Davidson. These guys made cool, COOL ! So to answer the question I am staying. Now in a perfect fit. I hope Reggie starts a business rerigging older Fountains. But that's another topic.

My 2 cents.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.