Reggie's Out, Are You? >

Reggie's Out, Are You?

Notices

Reggie's Out, Are You?

Old 01-16-2011, 01:47 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
I think Reggie needs to get his eyes checked then! His boats look just like him.....1985..... cuz thats when the interior was last updated.
Ignorant comment. His boats have been updated over the years just like any other and the interiors are state of the art in the boat industry.

Engines....he's really ahead of the game on that. Let's see he used Mercury, then Mercury, oh and then he tried Mercury.
And why should he change? They are proven and last time I checked they were number one in the industry. How many other performance boat manufatureres use Mercury? Hello?

Handling and speed, yes, it's impressive, but thats about all he's got. But yeah, Reggie didn't engineer the hull nor hand lay the glass.
He's number one in speed and handling and that's all he's got? Maybe you should tell Porsche or Ferrari they have the same problem.
Comical.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's recap. A 2001 Baja owner criticizing late model fountains. IMHO that conjures up HATER. Not putting down Bajas. I have owned two of them. I like all boats from pontoon to Fountains. But when you own a boat one notch ahead of a bayliner when it comes to craftsmanship. Should you be putting down one of the premier boats? I think not. Hater, nuff said.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bullhead
I was at the factory last thursday....they were rollin.....they had 32 boats in production......it was pretty impressive to see Fountains, Donzis, Bajas and Prolines all at one facility in different stages of production.....in the service shop there were at least 7 Fountains with different projects going on from repowering to new upholstery to getting prepped for paint.....mangement said there were no plans to change build components or quality of contruction of the Fountain lineup....everyone seemed pretty upbeat
That's great news!

SR-71
Old 01-18-2011, 10:47 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Bullhead
I was at the factory last thursday....they were rollin.....they had 32 boats in production......it was pretty impressive to see Fountains, Donzis, Bajas and Prolines all at one facility in different stages of production.....in the service shop there were at least 7 Fountains with different projects going on from repowering to new upholstery to getting prepped for paint.....mangement said there were no plans to change build components or quality of contruction of the Fountain lineup....everyone seemed pretty upbeat

Good to hear. Thanks for the heads up! I do believe if the new folks just keep on doing things right that it can work.

Personaly I am a huge Reggie fan, lots of respect for what he has done over the years, love his product. He was the one that courted these guys to invest in Fountain to save it. Seems a little odd that he has this, whatever it was over, hissie fit and walks. I would have thought the product his name had been on for so many years would have been worth a little compromise of some sort.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:14 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

It will really be interesting now since Shogren will no longer be stocking their new inventory. I think Shogren will be fine.. Liberty Investments on the other hand....not looking good.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

It's like one of your favorite sports team gets a new owner . To me that shouldn't mean you change teams if your a true fan of the franchise . Besides at his age , it was bound to happen sooner or later anyway . By the way I own a 42' Fountain now , and also had a 33' Turbo back in the 80's . So I am a long time fan of the product
Old 01-19-2011, 10:31 AM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Reggies out, so is Shogren, I would love to hear how that conversation went, to run off your biggest dealer
Old 01-19-2011, 12:21 PM
Registered

Received 348 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by Beak Boater
Reggies out, so is Shogren, I would love to hear how that conversation went, to run off your biggest dealer
May have gone something like this:

Liberty: In order to maintain your Fountain Dealership you must floor plan a mininum of (fill in the number) of 2011 Fountains.

Shogren: ummm, Cya.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hmmmm

!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

Team Shogren

www.teamshogren.com

Originally Posted by Marginmn
May have gone something like this:

Liberty: In order to maintain your Fountain Dealership you must floor plan a mininum of (fill in the number) of 2011 Fountains.

Shogren: ummm, Cya.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:34 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Team Shogren
!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

Team Shogren

www.teamshogren.com
Scott I wish you and your crew the best of luck in the future. Would not hesitate to do business again.

Tom

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.