Notices

Reggie's Out, Are You?

Old 01-24-2011, 12:52 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Go ride in a 33 fountain, then come drive my outlaw and post your expierence. I bet you will be impressed.

Oh REALLY ??? Well I guess you just hav'nt been in the high performance area of powerboating at all then. Since you still have a baja, that explains it I guess. To even compare a 33 Fountain with a cheapazz 33 baja is a joke. Baja's have always been an introductory line of performance boats. Get your feet wet, and when you want to have a REAL performance boat, you can step up to a Cig, Fountain, or if you can afford it, a custom OL.
Any of the performance boat owners that I have taken out for a blast in my 33 Fountain, were totally impressed on how well it handled, especially in snotty water up above the 100 mark.

So, maybe you just outa go back to the Baja forum, and keep dreamin. When you have the slightest clue of what you're talking about, maybe then think about making another post here.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 01-24-2011, 12:59 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunner
Im going to start off by saying I love the Baja line. I have had 4 of them 2 29 outlaws great boats a 30 outlaw what a pile of chit and know a 35 outlaw built by fountain. this 35 outlaw is hands down bar none the best one yet. the rigging and the materials they use are far superior to your 33 outlaw. So I guess what im trying to say is shut the hell up your making all the rest of use look like dumb asses.
Gunner, you're the 1st guy that I heard make a statement about the "new" Baja built at Fountain. I'm glad to hear the positive remarks you experienced with it. Maybe someday, when I see a newer one around the lake, I'll have to ask for a ride and test it out for myself.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 01-24-2011, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 10x
Gunner, you're the 1st guy that I heard make a statement about the "new" Baja built at Fountain. I'm glad to hear the positive remarks you experienced with it. Maybe someday, when I see a newer one around the lake, I'll have to ask for a ride and test it out for myself.
anytime
Old 01-24-2011, 01:23 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by 10x
Oh REALLY ??? Well I guess you just hav'nt been in the high performance area of powerboating at all then. Since you still have a baja, that explains it I guess. To even compare a 33 Fountain with a cheapazz 33 baja is a joke. Baja's have always been an introductory line of performance boats. Get your feet wet, and when you want to have a REAL performance boat, you can step up to a Cig, Fountain, or if you can afford it, a custom OL.
Any of the performance boat owners that I have taken out for a blast in my 33 Fountain, were totally impressed on how well it handled, especially in snotty water up above the 100 mark.

So, maybe you just outa go back to the Baja forum, and keep dreamin. When you have the slightest clue of what you're talking about, maybe then think about making another post here.
Agree!!!

over the years, and even back in the day, i cant think of another brand of boat, that people jammed big HP mills into and ran high speeds with more than Fountains.

There are literally tons of older Fountains out there, with big power mills, big speedmaster drives, running 100+mph. If the hulls werent any good, you just wouldnt see that.

Point being, Reggie's boats took the added HP well. They could perform, handle, and structurally endure the high horsepower setups.

When was the last time you saw a older 80's or even 90's baja rigged with speedmasters, and 900-1000HP blower motors that ran north of 100? Sure you can throw a ton of horsepower at something, but will the boat handle? Will the hull structure handle it or start breaking apart?

I do agree that the Baja setups are roomy boats, if thats what you are into. I am into performance boats for just that, performance. If i want to have lots of room, entertain large groups, than i will look into a cruiser style boat.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:46 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Baja is built more for comfort , Fountain is about speed
Old 01-24-2011, 01:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im going to start off by saying I love the Baja line. I have had 4 of them 2 29 outlaws great boats a 30 outlaw what a pile of chit and know a 35 outlaw built by fountain. this 35 outlaw is hands down bar none the best one yet. the rigging and the materials they use are far superior to your 33 outlaw. So I guess what im trying to say is shut the hell up your making all the rest of use look like dumb asses.
A local Baja Dealer dropped baja's shortly after Fountain taking over, because of a huge mark up and botchy workmanship. They were a baja dealer for over 30 years and were completely dissapointed with the quality after the baja/fountain merger. Maybe they got seconds or something I don't no. I am not saying anything bad about either boat company, if the owner is happy that is all that matters. A person in a fountain is no better than someone in a baja. The owner of the baja may have a little more beer money than the guy in the fountain at the end of the month. Besides I believe fountain alway turned to Dave at Skater for assistance in their so called cat killers in design etc... so you can't give Reggie all the credit. Reggie was always talking smack, it is the quite ones you have to watchout for.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:31 PM
Registered

Received 281 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by randyc1441
A local Baja Dealer dropped baja's shortly after Fountain taking over, because of a huge mark up and botchy workmanship. They were a baja dealer for over 30 years and were completely dissapointed with the quality after the baja/fountain merger. Maybe they got seconds or something I don't no. I am not saying anything bad about either boat company, if the owner is happy that is all that matters. A person in a fountain is no better than someone in a baja. The owner of the baja may have a little more beer money than the guy in the fountain at the end of the month. Besides I believe fountain alway turned to Dave at Skater for assistance in their so called cat killers in design etc... so you can't give Reggie all the credit. Reggie was always talking smack, it is the quite ones you have to watchout for.
FINALLY someone read the entire thread not just the parts they wanted to. Thanks
Old 01-24-2011, 03:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
FINALLY someone read the entire thread not just the parts they wanted to. Thanks
Some people can be closed minded. 27 yr. old with a paid off boat, I'd say you are going in the right direction.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:42 PM
Registered

So I guess what im trying to say is shut the hell up your making all the rest of use look like dumb asses.
I believe you made yourself look like one.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:36 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by randyc1441
A local Baja Dealer dropped baja's shortly after Fountain taking over, because of a huge mark up and botchy workmanship. .
LMFAO.....I am sure it had nothing to due with you need to stock x- amount of boats in a tough economy or the fact that floor plan money has dried up. It had to do with the Quality from Fountain.........WTF are you smokin??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.