Reggie's Out, Are You? >

Reggie's Out, Are You?

Notices

Reggie's Out, Are You?

Old 02-14-2011, 04:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reggie Fountain

Reggie didn't build the boats himself. That's for sure. He only designed, tested and made them what they are today. With Reggie gone they'll not improve speed, handling or any of the things he made happen. Pretty much anyone can make a boat but Reggie Fountain is a legend and there's just no one else in that company that can do what he did. I would expect them to do OK for a while but the brand won't continuously improve like it would if he were still there.

Reggie will survive. Of that there can be no doubt.

I don't own a Fountain either. I just have tremendous respect for him.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm happy to report Reggie is back. He, along with his sons Wyatt and Reggie III have opened Fountain Performance Marine (previously known as RF Boats), not far from their original plant in Washington NC. Construction of new buildings are underway, and they are already providing support to Fountain owners (as well as other brands too). Also I understand there's plans for new boat builds too. Interesting stuff. Check out their new website at: www.fountainperformancemarine.com

Go Reggie Go!
Old 02-26-2012, 08:46 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I also had a decussion with Wyatt they are very eager to get our business.
Rich
Old 05-19-2012, 01:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Your statements here are way off. 100mph with 525HP mills was nothing remotely close to what a 1989 10 meter would run with that power. The bottom design, interior, and just about everything is different.

Sunsation makes a nice boat. I have a couple friends with 32's. However, stock mercruiser engine mounts (same as a bayliner) are a no-no in my book. Not too mention when they cut out the holes for the thru hull exhaust, they didnt glass or even paint over the exposed wood. Also, a no-no in my book. You can put a fancy paint job and some billet hardware on a 1978 buick and make it look "cool". Whats important to me is the hull construction, performance, safety, and ergonomics.

offshore boating today has become "who has the most bling". Years ago it was all about how the boat ran, and how it held up. Guys tuning their carbs and timing at the launch ramp and doing shakedown runs have been replaced by guys who couldnt tell you the difference between a cleaver prop and a chopper prop, but NEVER forget to bring out their bio-kleen polish and love showing off their new led cupholders. That wasnt reggie in his heyday.

Back when i was a kid, I used to go watch alot of chicago street racing. The fastest cars who used to clean house were always the guys with grease under their finger nails, sporting some very sleeper looking hardware. Nowadays, its all about neon lights and dubbs. Thats what seems to draw the crowd.

Give me a plain jane 41 apache with some big carbed Chief blower motors. Keep the billet grab handles and cupholders and carbon fiber vinyl. I'll go out in 6ft'ers and do my own thing and let er eat.
I know this is an old post but want ed to congratulate you on such a fine comment..I am from Chicago and I do the same thing now I have done for years with bikes and muscle cars and boats ,Take an old machine on the verge of its demise and make them work better than they ever have.

I am that guy with the grease under his finger nails and I have to say this day and age it makes me sick.I have seen it all the girls with the big mouths and the guys with the big credit cards try to tell the gear head how things work.

I see the beauty in the bare bones boats that perform.They can keep there stainless cup holders and their $2000 swim platforms.

Having a nice boat bike or car comes down to two things.People that can rebuild them and the people that can pay me to rebuild them.But most people are not smart enough to know the difference.And dont get me started about the big mouths that dont even own one.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:23 PM
Registered

ASE MASTER TECH WITH L1 you took the words right out of my mouth SHANKANOTHER1
Old 05-20-2012, 02:56 PM
Registered

Received 740 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by sankanother1
I know this is an old post but want ed to congratulate you on such a fine comment..I am from Chicago and I do the same thing now I have done for years with bikes and muscle cars and boats ,Take an old machine on the verge of its demise and make them work better than they ever have.

I am that guy with the grease under his finger nails and I have to say this day and age it makes me sick.I have seen it all the girls with the big mouths and the guys with the big credit cards try to tell the gear head how things work.

I see the beauty in the bare bones boats that perform.They can keep there stainless cup holders and their $2000 swim platforms.

Having a nice boat bike or car comes down to two things.People that can rebuild them and the people that can pay me to rebuild them.But most people are not smart enough to know the difference.And dont get me started about the big mouths that dont even own one.
Originally Posted by acaruso
ASE MASTER TECH WITH L1 you took the words right out of my mouth SHANKANOTHER1
Yup.