Reggie's Out, Are You? >

Reggie's Out, Are You?

Notices

Reggie's Out, Are You?

Old 12-16-2010, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 938 Likes on 505 Posts

Originally Posted by VetteLT193
I always saw Fountain as the boat that gets better every year. They were past cutting edge, all the way to bleeding edge of design and setup.

I don't see the new owners continuing on that route... the constant testing, re-designing, etc. of the Fountain bottoms and setup takes a ton of time and energy and I don't see them continuing with it.

So... I believe the brand will be a thing of the past. I am betting that Liberty will keep Donzi alive but just don't see it with Fountain.

I am guessing we'll see "Fountain Performance Boats" or something along those lines real soon. They will be considered the real fountains in the future.

Fountain cutting edge? The line-up was unchanged for 10 years! The 42 PR was a new design but they only built a handful. Reggie was instrumental in making them faster, better handling but the boats lacked the "bling" that other manufacturers offer. Fountain remodeled the cabins in 08ish making them look fancier but the boats wouldn't be cutting edge in 2010.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boy, I'm reading some nonsense here.
Been doing this since 93...Have seen so much development in Fountains I have a hard time remembering which model got what.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:05 PM
Registered
VIP Member

pound for pound, foot for foot, power for power... Fountains will perform better than any other boat on the water!
Old 12-16-2010, 09:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 10x
I guess that mine is more of a legend now, and will still run the same #'s that it did in 1989. LOL
Mine too! I'm proud of the Fountain heritage and gloat about Reggie actually driving and testing my boat. When Reggie's boats showed up in the eighties, they were like nothing I have ever seen before. I wish Reggie and the family the best of luck and if he starts a new line, I will for sure be watching for what he comes up with.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:06 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Fountain cutting edge? The line-up was unchanged for 10 years! The 42 PR was a new design but they only built a handful. Reggie was instrumental in making them faster, better handling but the boats lacked the "bling" that other manufacturers offer. Fountain remodeled the cabins in 08ish making them look fancier but the boats wouldn't be cutting edge in 2010.
May want to look a little closer at the 09's that were built. Not many were, the ones out there earn respect everywhere they show up.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by gofastlvr
pound for pound, foot for foot, power for power... Fountains will perform better than any other boat on the water!
thats the truth!
Old 12-17-2010, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This topic has been posted on other boat sites too. It gets a lot of discussion.

My .00002, "change you know", is that the new owners have a product without the designer and typically where there is a product following/loyalty it goes with the designer. I would expect the following to be: Fountain boat owners/fans will stay with the product for the years Reggie was there and then follow any future efforts that he makes. Kind of like Fountain branded boats VS Fountain built boats.

I would guess the new product Reggie builds would not have any Brunswick stuff in it which coud get interesting too.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:33 AM
Gold Member

Originally Posted by breakitout
thats the truth!
thats the bottom line,and i think thats where all the bashing starts.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:49 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aquaforce
This topic has been posted on other boat sites too. It gets a lot of discussion.

My .00002, "change you know", is that the new owners have a product without the designer and typically where there is a product following/loyalty it goes with the designer. I would expect the following to be: Fountain boat owners/fans will stay with the product for the years Reggie was there and then follow any future efforts that he makes. Kind of like Fountain branded boats VS Fountain built boats.

I would guess the new product Reggie builds would not have any Brunswick stuff in it which coud get interesting too.
it will have all mercury product. No question. I'm sure he's been on with Fred since last week
Old 12-17-2010, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
as for the bottoms they are truly fore front material. no one can beat em. as for asstetics then maybe they are lacking as for looking like a clown owns them. and this is not to say your boats are the clowns, actually i am impressed with them. very nice. but the fact remains they are the fastest and therefore run the front and continue on the homage as the 911 porshe does. slight changes while holding true to its herritage..

WHAT UP KING,,,,, ALL HALE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.