Reggie's Out, Are You? >

Reggie's Out, Are You?

Notices

Reggie's Out, Are You?

Old 12-18-2010, 01:23 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

For me, and I am a huge Reggie fan, it has always been about where I will get the best value and also the best service after the sell....... Reggie put together an incredibly talented group to design, build, test and service his products. He created and instilled an environment of constant improvement of a proven product. The bulk of that group is still at the factory and it appears that the new ownership has a strong desire to keep that team moving forward. It will be very interesting to see the rabbit that Reggie pulls out of his hat but at the end of the day, until that rabbit is seen, I think its hard to stray from the existing arena.......time will tell.....and BTW I've haven't parked by a boat yet at any venue where I felt outclassed

Last edited by Bullhead; 12-18-2010 at 01:28 AM.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Great analogy.....Corvettes and Fountains, both very good performers at reasonable prices (compared to competition).

I wasn't knocking Fountain, just not agreeing they were cutting edge. Reggie brought back the Executioner line and the ICBM line which looked like the originals. Not sure re-issuing a former model would be considered "cutting edge."

Staggered 35 that cracked 100 w/525's was impressive for sure. The bottoms performed great but the paint, vinyl, windshields, cabins, etc were time warp stuff (as in get in a new one and you felt like 1989 all over again).
Your statements here are way off. 100mph with 525HP mills was nothing remotely close to what a 1989 10 meter would run with that power. The bottom design, interior, and just about everything is different.

Sunsation makes a nice boat. I have a couple friends with 32's. However, stock mercruiser engine mounts (same as a bayliner) are a no-no in my book. Not too mention when they cut out the holes for the thru hull exhaust, they didnt glass or even paint over the exposed wood. Also, a no-no in my book. You can put a fancy paint job and some billet hardware on a 1978 buick and make it look "cool". Whats important to me is the hull construction, performance, safety, and ergonomics.

offshore boating today has become "who has the most bling". Years ago it was all about how the boat ran, and how it held up. Guys tuning their carbs and timing at the launch ramp and doing shakedown runs have been replaced by guys who couldnt tell you the difference between a cleaver prop and a chopper prop, but NEVER forget to bring out their bio-kleen polish and love showing off their new led cupholders. That wasnt reggie in his heyday.

Back when i was a kid, I used to go watch alot of chicago street racing. The fastest cars who used to clean house were always the guys with grease under their finger nails, sporting some very sleeper looking hardware. Nowadays, its all about neon lights and dubbs. Thats what seems to draw the crowd.

Give me a plain jane 41 apache with some big carbed Chief blower motors. Keep the billet grab handles and cupholders and carbon fiber vinyl. I'll go out in 6ft'ers and do my own thing and let er eat.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bullhead
For me, and I am a huge Reggie fan, it has always been about where I will get the best value and also the best service after the sell....... Reggie put together an incredibly talented group to design, build, test and service his products. He created and instilled an environment of constant improvement of a proven product. The bulk of that group is still at the factory and it appears that the new ownership has a strong desire to keep that team moving forward. It will be very interesting to see the rabbit that Reggie pulls out of his hat but at the end of the day, until that rabbit is seen, I think its hard to stray from the existing arena.......time will tell.....and BTW I've haven't parked by a boat yet at any venue where I felt outclassed
You have slickest most beatiful Fountain that ever came out of that factory.
Old 12-19-2010, 05:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

That is an incredible compliment.....but I have to give credit where credit is due.....the personal involvement of Brian Forehand when this boat was being built is the big reason why it turned as well as it did......Reggie used it several times to take out perspective customers....I think it is one of his favorites too
Old 12-19-2010, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Reggie should partner up with Fiore and DOMINATE THE WORLD!! OUTERFOUNTAIN!!

Last edited by DIRT173; 12-19-2010 at 06:47 PM.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
I'll go out in 6ft'ers and do my own thing and let er eat.
Amen to that!
Old 12-21-2010, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Reggie says he is leaving because of a " difference in philosophy" That doesn't sound good for any Fountain owner to hear. Quality and being better than the competition may not be of the greatest concern now. So he refused to sign the non-compete papers and resigned. The man doesn't seem done in my mind.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DIRT173
Reggie should partner up with Fiore and DOMINATE THE WORLD!! OUTERFOUNTAIN!!
Now that is funny!!!
Old 12-21-2010, 02:47 PM
Registered

My first poker run in a cat was really fun.

The night before a good friend of mine was with me and we were running in a friends Nortech cat. My pal was talking about buyng a 35 lightning and the cat owner was calling Fountains every name in the book.

When we were running to the first card stop we ran for 3-5 minutes at above 125mph about 35ft from a 42 Lightning.

When we got out of the boat that day all the cat owner could talk about was

"that phucking fountain"

Not trying to stir the pot but just a good fountain story. I have always thought they were great looking boats.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 1,421 Likes on 793 Posts

I never have understood why some people hate the boats so much, you may not like the look (I do) but so what.

I know the beak,I like it, and always liked hydrostreams they have a beak.

People bit*h about the length includeing the swim platform but never say anything about it being inclued on Sunsations, or donzi's.

Just don't get it. Marketing over the top,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, sure but most marketing is. Any body really think BOSE is the best audio out there?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.