Reggie's Out, Are You? >

Reggie's Out, Are You?

Notices

Reggie's Out, Are You?

Old 12-22-2010, 12:15 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
I never have understood why some people hate the boats so much, you may not like the look (I do) but so what.

I know the beak,I like it, and always liked hydrostreams they have a beak.

People bit*h about the length includeing the swim platform but never say anything about it being inclued on Sunsations, or donzi's.

Just don't get it. Marketing over the top,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, sure but most marketing is. Any body really think BOSE is the best audio out there?
Exactly. Years ago scarab, cigarette, and Apache owners bum rapped fountains because they didn't ride as cushy in rough water as their heavy straight v bottom. Well, fountains did have a harsher ride, but were faster due to bottom design and weight. My old straight bottom 38 fever is 10mph faster than my buddys old 38 cigarette with equal horsepower. Ok, so mine is a 36ft boat, and his is 37.6. His rides nicer thru the slop. Both boats hold up well, neither have stress cracks at 20+ years old.

Nowadays, i will put the ride of a new 38 or 42 fountain up there with any new twin stepped boat of comparable size.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:52 PM
Registered

Received 763 Likes on 412 Posts

My only on-water experience in a Fountain was at, of all places, the Sunsation Owner's Rally several years ago ( 2003 or 2004 I believe). I rode in a 1997 38 with stock HP 500's. With 5 guys, boat ran low 80's GPS (if memory serves). At the time, it was the largest and fastest vee I had been in. I thought the boat just screamed and rode/handled well. Other than the short front bolsters, I loved the boat. I would love to own a 35 someday. Classic lines/stance in the water and a great performer on moderate power. By the way, we easily were first to Mack and Ray's for lunch, first to the river after lunch, and first back to Metro Beach at the end of the rally.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bullhead
That is an incredible compliment.....but I have to give credit where credit is due.....the personal involvement of Brian Forehand when this boat was being built is the big reason why it turned as well as it did......Reggie used it several times to take out perspective customers....I think it is one of his favorites too
u know it 's my favorites and one day hope to own iit . robbie
Old 12-22-2010, 10:58 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pat Ousborne
So he refused to sign the non-compete papers and resigned. The man doesn't seem done in my mind.
Reggie is a hard driven winner. They better watch out...

Last edited by Fanatic; 12-24-2010 at 04:36 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:45 PM
Registered

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaYbNXMq7c8
Old 12-23-2010, 09:15 PM
Registered

This one is a little more subdued but the camera op isn't zooming in and out like it's a trombone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNZjFL8hAqU
Old 12-25-2010, 05:19 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Back4More

Lake boats, for sure!
Old 12-25-2010, 09:07 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain1fan
u know it 's my favorites and one day hope to own iit . robbie
I'd like to be #3, take good care of it. Saw the boat in person at Lake of the Ozarks, it's a show piece.

The 1993 42 Fountain we bought in May made me a believer in Fountain. We now have a 2002 47 and I plan on keep buying them.
Old 12-25-2010, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Exactly. Years ago scarab, cigarette, and Apache owners bum rapped fountains because they didn't ride as cushy in rough water as their heavy straight v bottom. Well, fountains did have a harsher ride, but were faster due to bottom design and weight. My old straight bottom 38 fever is 10mph faster than my buddys old 38 cigarette with equal horsepower. Ok, so mine is a 36ft boat, and his is 37.6. His rides nicer thru the slop. Both boats hold up well, neither have stress cracks at 20+ years old.

Nowadays, i will put the ride of a new 38 or 42 fountain up there with any new twin stepped boat of comparable size.
You are wrong. I'll work the tape measure. Cigarette doesnt count there swim platform. Being a TRUE raceboat they dont have a diving board for a nose and a molded in swim platform. The weight comes from stocked cocktails and true running surface. So you have a 34 and im counting my swim platform so i have a 40. Buddy
Old 12-25-2010, 10:43 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by sonic700
You are wrong. I'll work the tape measure. Cigarette doesnt count there swim platform. Being a TRUE raceboat they dont have a diving board for a nose and a molded in swim platform. The weight comes from stocked cocktails and true running surface. So you have a 34 and im counting my swim platform so i have a 40. Buddy
Old 38 cigarette hull, 37'6". The 38 Fever was really called a 36 Fever when it first debuted. We can say the beak does add to their "measured length". However, take a look at a Fountain hull where the hull rises from the water line to meet the top deck. Its probably like a 70 degree angle from the water line Where some boats are like a long 35 degree or so angle from the water line to the nose. so when you look at that scenerio, the several extra inches from the beak is moot. yes, Its all about the running surface!

42 Fountains get called "nice 38FT" boats all the time. But yet nobody calls a 382 Fastech a 35' boat, or a 386 Sonic a 36 ft boat. The 382 Hull came from the 357 Hull, and the 386 sonic a 36 coyote hull if memory serves.

Cigarette did well racing BACK IN THE DAY. Then Fountain came into the game. Wheres all the factory cigarette race boats now?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.