Please explain fountain changes by year >

Please explain fountain changes by year

Notices

Please explain fountain changes by year

Old 12-17-2010, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Please explain fountain changes by year

Shopping for another ride, need help with the changes that Fountain made over the years.

These questions are for the 35, 38, 42

What year did they add the "hump" for increased head room?

What year did they start with steps? What year did they start multiple steps?

What years did they start the lighter construction?

What the hell is the difference between a Lighting and an Executioner?

Any other key changes please advise

Any years or models you would stay away from?
Old 12-17-2010, 02:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

OMG The hump??? 38sc?? steps started in the Ex style hull in 96 in a 35 and 42 I think the 38 fever was 97. most of the running changes happened month by month Reggie would change things mid year or when ever a new idea came along. Lightnings and Executioners have switched names over the years but 90-2000 single step hulls (35) are Lightnings. Twin step 35 99 up are Lightnings (single step 35s are now Executioners) The rest needs a phone call to explain
Old 12-17-2010, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Well the Lightning was originally the Executioner when Reggie first started, then he changed the name and it became the Lightning. Then it got a step, so it was the stepped Lightning, so to speak. Then Reggie decided two steps were better than one, so the twin step became the Lightning, at this time the top deck was changed as well to add some cabin space, the "hump" as you call it. ( We Fountain owners have never refered to it as the twin step "hump" Lightning however ) The old single step Lightning was dropped, but then some customers still liked it and and wanted the single step Lightning brought back, so it was brought back as the Lightning Classic. Around 2001 Reggie must have decided there was just too much confusion around this Lightning chit, so then he decided that the Lightning Classic would be called the Executioner, once again. The new Executioner was to be a base boat, 496's, one paint scheme, blue or red accent colors, few if any options. However, that changed in a couple years because some folks still liked the originally styled Lightning, now the Executioner, but wanted more power and more options. So then the Executioners could be custom ordered with many options and more power just like the Lightning, which had always been, since it became the new twin step Lightning, able to be custom ordered the way a customer wanted it. The last change to the twin step Lightning was to change from the side by side engine set up to a full staggered engine set up in 2007 making it the twin step staggered Lightning. This option is not available on the single step Lightning, now known as the Executioner.

The above pretty much covers the 35' models. Though there have been subtle changes to the bottoms, X dimensions etc, on both single and twin step, Lightning and Executioner models over the years at many and various times.

Now someone else, more qualified than myself, will have to pick this up and run the 42 Lightning / Executioner deal. It's similiar, but has the added twist of having the Lightning bottom placed under the Executioner top deck. Not to mention the 27's, the 29's, the 32's, 38's, 47's, the Comp series of designs, ICBM's, Fevers, Poker Runs, etc. The only one that is a short story would be the 33, it is a Lightning and has yet to be played with.

Oh chit, I forgot that the original very first ever Fountain was a 33 footer, and damed if it wasn't an Executioner back then. By the way hull number one is for sale right now at Shogren Marine, likely the least confusing boat in the line, it would simply be ............... Fountain #1.

I just do not understand how the Reggie haters can say he has sat on his azz for all these years getting along by blowing smoke up everyone's azzhole. Hopefully I have not confused you, it's quite the line! If you do decide to buy one you will not be disappointed, regardless of the year or model. They all work, and work well, from #1 right up to the one that will roll of the line next!

blownincome Bob, the 42 is all yours, I'm spent and need a drink!

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 12-17-2010 at 08:45 PM.
Old 12-18-2010, 06:55 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

blownincome Bob, the 42 is all yours, I'm spent and need a drink!
Hey me too Thats why I said it would need a phone call... to many angles to put in one post Hope you and yours have a Merry Christmas!!
Old 12-18-2010, 07:05 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2010 They were real. 2011 They were fake. LOL
Old 12-18-2010, 05:02 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 8 Posts

WOW, maybe you guys should invent a Fountain Decoder Ring, holy chit.

I want a hump, I guess that is my only realy concern. All of my friends 42s do not have it, and that is a long cabin to be on your knees in.

I am still confused, but less confused when I asked them the same question. Thanks for the help
Old 12-18-2010, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by blownincome
Hey me too Thats why I said it would need a phone call... to many angles to put in one post Hope you and yours have a Merry Christmas!!

Merry Christmas to you too. Likely be a quiet one here, however New Years should be a hoot! Skynyrd at the MGM Grand in Mashantucket, Ct. ( where do you people come up with these names? ) Staying in Mystic for a couple days, so we are praying for good beach weather!

Samantha called to see if ECFC would be open so we could check out that 42 they have. Must be I'm a pre-qualified shopper, they gave her Dan's cell number.
Old 12-19-2010, 06:20 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Merry Christmas to you too. Likely be a quiet one here, however New Years should be a hoot! Skynyrd at the MGM Grand in Mashantucket, Ct. ( where do you people come up with these names? ) Staying in Mystic for a couple days, so we are praying for good beach weather!

Samantha called to see if ECFC would be open so we could check out that 42 they have. Must be I'm a pre-qualified shopper, they gave her Dan's cell number.
Nice!! Well have a good holiday! stay safe !!
Bob