Notices

Uhmmm--ok

Old 01-26-2011, 07:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uhmmm--ok

Today I called Fountain in regards to some aftermarket parts. I had already contacted Livorsi which referred me to Fountain for some engine/air vents for my 98 35L (ugly plastic vents on each side). I have searched the threads to see if anyone has posted about them and then upgraded. Hmmm imagine that there are threads out there for such a thing. So, wanting to make my machine look better (in my opinion), I shall add some Red vents on each side.

To make a short story shorter, when I contacted Fountain today I was told to contact Dana Marine. "That is where we get them from, just take out the middle man and make it easier", Fountain parts stated.

Not that I was blown away (maybe they were busy or the recent changeover), but it really caught me off guard. Therefore, Dana Marine here I come.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:32 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Tax Free
Today I called Fountain in regards to some aftermarket parts. I had already contacted Livorsi which referred me to Fountain for some engine/air vents for my 98 35L (ugly plastic vents on each side). I have searched the threads to see if anyone has posted about them and then upgraded. Hmmm imagine that there are threads out there for such a thing. So, wanting to make my machine look better (in my opinion), I shall add some Red vents on each side.

To make a short story shorter, when I contacted Fountain today I was told to contact Dana Marine. "That is where we get them from, just take out the middle man and make it easier", Fountain parts stated.

Not that I was blown away (maybe they were busy or the recent changeover), but it really caught me off guard. Therefore, Dana Marine here I come.
I installed them on my 2000 ex yes they are a little shorter and i had to drill new holes so i could cheat the part in the middle to cover the old hole barly but it worked! was worth the price for the look!
Attached Thumbnails Uhmmm--ok-pass-.jpg   Uhmmm--ok-incoming.jpg  
Old 01-29-2011, 08:23 AM
Registered

Thanks for the info, makes a big difference just by looking at the pics.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:57 PM
Registered

BI,

Did you order just the vent plates or the vent plates w/backs, looking for some ordering guidance? Again haven't had nor will have a chance until two weeks prior to get to the beast out and running!!!

TF
Old 04-07-2011, 09:24 PM
Banned

yeah ive called fountain a few times and they probably are wasting their time even listing a number because they have never been helpful. I guess unless you are calling to fork over six figure for a new boat they dont care
Old 04-08-2011, 10:32 AM
Registered

Received 363 Likes on 123 Posts

just curious, how much are they asking for them? I have some spare metal ones sitting in my storage unit at the lake.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:10 PM
Registered

through Dana Marine, 65ea for the vent, and 70ea for the vent with back plate
Old 04-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Tax Free
through Dana Marine, 65ea for the vent, and 70ea for the vent with back plate
Did you get them yet?? I just picked up 6 for my bosses 42 they came w/fountain logos s/w Bob @ Dana Marine great guy came in on budget!! They look great! get the vent plates w backs if you are retro fitting !
Attached Thumbnails Uhmmm--ok-engine-vents.jpg  
Old 04-17-2011, 07:38 PM
Registered

They are on the way, I was finally able to get down to the lake last weekend!!!!! Pulled all of the old ones off and now waiting. Can't wait, soon we all will be on the lake!!! Will post pics when done, the blue intakes looks sick!

Tax Free