A new boat picture thread,,,,, for Bullhead

Notices

A new boat picture thread,,,,, for Bullhead

Old 02-07-2011, 05:05 PM
Registered

Received 1,389 Likes on 776 Posts

Originally Posted by hdbarney
Twin 525 EFI, XR drives with ITS and Hering 32 six blades
I like those boats, yours looks great. Now only if my lotto numbers hit.

Last edited by Wildman_grafix; 02-07-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by borderline824
Hey bull, who did the custom paint design on your lightning? By far the best looking paint scheme ive seen..
My wife, Brian Forehand, and I sat down with the computer graphics guy at Fountain, looked at some magazines with pics of Fountains, Cigs, OLs and Donzis to get ideas and came up with the paint scheme....it took all of one hour.....the hardest part was to decide to paint the cockpit....it seemed expensive because it added alot of work to guys rigging and working on the boat.....Brian convinced us to do it and he was exactly right....thanks for the compliment
Old 02-09-2011, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by White Weezal
Bullhead,was on the phone Monday with Tony Cutsuries from Fountain. I was inquiring about ordering the exact same boat as yours,he told me the other color was silver,I would like to have mine maroon and gold. He also told me of a new engine upgrade that will be available for this model when I place my order in a month or so. There are a few "custom" additions I want added to mine,as well as painting the Myco trailer and truck to match the boat colors. I have not yet seen another factory paint color combo to match this 42' Lightning,,and I can't wait to make the trip to N.C. to place the order and look at the factory. This will be my first boat of this size,as well as being my first "new" boat so I'm not cutting any corners.
Well, thats gonna be one sweet looking ride, you should power it with the new Merc 1350's with M-8 drives!!
Old 02-09-2011, 02:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Bullhead,was on the phone Monday with Tony Cutsuries from Fountain. I was inquiring about ordering the exact same boat as yours,he told me the other color was silver,I would like to have mine maroon and gold. He also told me of a new engine upgrade that will be available for this model when I place my order in a month or so. There are a few "custom" additions I want added to mine,as well as painting the Myco trailer and truck to match the boat colors. I have not yet seen another factory paint color combo to match this 42' Lightning,,and I can't wait to make the trip to N.C. to place the order and look at the factory. This will be my first boat of this size,as well as being my first "new" boat so I'm not cutting any corners.
Congratulations...you will absolutely love the boat....if he is referring to engine upgrade I think he is that will be one bad mofo.....I would make some subtle changes to the paint scheme if I were you...one of the cool things about having a custom boat is.........its custom
Old 02-09-2011, 08:05 PM
Registered

Bullhead-Borderline,,you both sound like speed freaks to me,,guess that makes all three of us in the same boat,so to speak? I have owned a '78 Pace car Vette,and a '83 Hurst Olds,can you see a vision of the color combinations I REALLY like?? Silver,red and black all looks great on a car,just not sure about on a boat,especially black in the summertime.
I had not considered the 1350's for this,was told a slightly larger than 1075 motor was available with a 1 yr warranty,if I opted for the 1350's,,I'd need superglue to keep my cheeks from flapp'in,,that girl would scream like a scalded dog with those engines,probably peel the gelcoat off,,,now you have me think'in,and that always gets me in trouble,,always!! But thanks for the help,,advice is always welcomed on this project
Well, speed is always nice, but the good thing about that boat is its classy too. I am sure with what ever power options you choose she'll be plenty fast... Also with the custom look your sure to get plenty of compliments... Its always nice to see somthing out there a little different that has that personal touch.. Good luck, this is a very exciting time for you.. Congrats!!
Old 02-13-2011, 06:05 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Time beteween rebuilds on the turbo Merc's will be a major thing to consider .
Old 02-13-2011, 10:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by notda1
Time beteween rebuilds on the turbo Merc's will be a major thing to consider .
No doubt! They sound awesome though!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.