Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
HELP!!!!  water in the hull ????? >

HELP!!!! water in the hull ?????

Notices

HELP!!!! water in the hull ?????

Old 05-22-2002, 02:21 PM
E Z TERMS

Default HELP!!!! water in the hull ?????

How in the hell do you get water in the forward part of the hull.............on my 35 classic there is a threaded plug at the bottom of the step down into the cuddy...............there is a lot of water in there....................

how does it get there...................

how do you get it out.................

Old 05-22-2002, 02:28 PM
turbo2256

Well Huggies absorb alot of water

Old 05-22-2002, 05:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'VE OWNED SEVERAL FOUNTAINS , THEY ALL GOT WATER IN THE CABIN WHEN THEY SAT OUTSIDE LEVEL ON A TRAILOR. RAISE THE LEVEL OF THE FRONT OF THE TRAILOR AND KEEP THE TOP ON THE BOAT IS STORED IN ANY WEATHER ..... BUY A WET VAC
Old 05-22-2002, 06:01 PM
E Z TERMS

im sorry about the confusion................

the water is under the floorof the cockpit between the bottom othe hull and the bottom liner..............

threr is a fitting about an inch in diameter in the bottom of the step box..........when I unscrew it and look inside ..........lots of water................

ez

Old 05-23-2002, 12:51 AM
Registered

E Z TERMS.
I have gotten water in the cabin compartments after running in the rain. The water accumulates in the bilge and then flows back in the cabin when running in rough water. Make sure you allow the cabin to dry out. If it's real bad you may want to get some moisture absorbers.

Dan
Old 05-23-2002, 01:10 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Man, I'm glad that I'm not the only one that has had this same thing. I agree that it must be water that has back flowed from the bildge. My *guess* is that the bulkheads do not have the drains along the very bottom of the hull, but up an 1" or so. This will keep the water from running back into the bilge under normal use. I used a fan last winter and faced it down into the step and let it run for a day to dry it out . I could feel a breeze back in the bilge compartment drains, so all was clear. I now put rubber stoppers in the 2 lower drains tubes in the engine compartment to keep any water from flowing forward again. I have also had water in the compartments under the bed. Same thing, and my boat does not see rain. So might check those compartments too!
Old 05-23-2002, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got into a "brand new" 35 Lightning at the Bay Bridge boat show a couple of weeks ago. Went down into the cabin in my stocking feet. Quickly realized I was standing in about an inch of water.

Most likely it was rain water from being exposed. Nonetheless, boat dealers must be smoking crack. To actually bring that boat to a show and display it. It's amazing how quickly boats go to $hit when they sit on a dealer's lot.
Old 05-23-2002, 03:15 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Yup, same deal here. My wife was cleaning the cabin and noticed really dirty water under the v-berth storage, so she starting vacumming it out with the wet vac and she said she had to keep emptying the thing out. She said it didn't look like there was that much water in the area she vacuumed. I asked her if the bildge was all nice and dry. LOL! The boat's in teh driveway on the trailer and is sitting level. The drain goes all the way from the front compartment to the bildge, and back if the boat is level. I suspect some doesn't flow all that well all the time. But we noticed it gets wet under our porta potty area as well at times. It doesn't appear to be a hatch leak, either. But, we clean out that water and dry it out, and it's usually fine.

And yes, I hit the porta potty when I go, so it's not that.

Now that all that water is out of there, we should get another 1 mph maybe.....LOL!

I just wish the boat retained gas like it does water.

Mark
Old 05-23-2002, 05:21 PM
Registered

Mike: See if you can get something that shows where the vent and fill hoses on the front of the fuel tank are, too. I'm still trying to figure out how to get at that.
Going to check for water in my cabin area this weekend. She's stored indoors, so I'm hoping not to find any.
Old 05-23-2002, 06:32 PM
Registered

i'll take a look tonight or tomorrow before i haul it up to lake texoma.

Quick Reply: HELP!!!! water in the hull ?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.