Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Fountain or Baja? Which one should I buy? >

Fountain or Baja? Which one should I buy?

Notices

Fountain or Baja? Which one should I buy?

Old 06-16-2011, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Don't think they ever did a right hand throttle.

Funny when I look at other boats now, I wonder how hard it would be to change them to the left, I like it better.

But I am NOT normal.
+1 without a doubt I prefer the left handed throttles.. (coming from right handed sticks) would never want to go back to righties!
Old 06-16-2011, 09:28 PM
Registered

I won't get into brands because they all have their advantages. Buy a boat that puts a smile on your face every time you look at her. Most important advice I can think of is, get a survey. It's a buyers market, plenty of good deals out there.
Good luck, BC
Old 06-16-2011, 09:57 PM
Registered

Received 1,477 Likes on 824 Posts

You know, also don't forget to look at formula's and a DONZI 33ZX, they have good build quality and nice cabins as well.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:03 PM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

From an 18' bayliner to a 51 outerlimits.....at least you're on the water

Ill wave to you if you pass me or I pass you

Last edited by Baja_342; 06-16-2011 at 10:50 PM.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:34 PM
Registered

I just purchased my friends 32 fever, I love it. It's '93 but was 1 owner and like new condition. I have been out of boating for 5 years but great to be back. I have had two new donzi 28zx and 18 and loved them both. My last boat was a 03 formula 292 and I really enjoyed it. My new 2000 Baka 25 outlaw was the only boat I had to bring into service depart. Over 15 times in the 1st year of ownership.
It was a great looking boat but fit and finish was bad.
My fountain is 17 years old but still looks like a new boat and gets a lot of looks. I would say you can't go wrong with a fountain, formula or donzi Stay away from a baja.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:50 AM
Registered

Hey now......I love my Baja its my third one. I have a 29' Fountain as well. When we are heading to the marina we have to decide which boat to take out. 90% of the time we hop into the Baja. It's just more conducive for us. Tough to part with either one. The Fountain does feel like a much better built and more substantial of a boat. Still love my Baja.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:13 AM
Registered

Received 1,477 Likes on 824 Posts

Originally Posted by pacalim1965@yaho
Hey now......I love my Baja its my third one. I have a 29' Fountain as well. When we are heading to the marina we have to decide which boat to take out. 90% of the time we hop into the Baja. It's just more conducive for us. Tough to part with either one. The Fountain does feel like a much better built and more substantial of a boat. Still love my Baja.
I feel bad for you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, tell u what, I'll help you out with your problem.

We are going to be in Ft Myers the first week of July, when my buddy passes by on his way down from Crystal River I'll have him pick your boat up.

Make sure it's full of gas!

Last edited by Wildman_grafix; 06-17-2011 at 09:46 AM.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Baja_302
I went from a rinker 232 Captiva with a 5.7 to the 29 Fever with a 500. I had more issues with seperate throttle and shifter than I did with it being on the left. After a bit I liked it. Doesn't bother me either way. Regardless Like I said, both make good boats.

Honestly if most Bajas had blue motors, full steering, etc would they be cheaper? Nor is that a build issue between a Fountain and Baja. The blue motor Bajas out there are pretty pricy.

4402, I don't buy the crap about wishing you would have bought a Fountain in a couple of years. I was in a Fountain. Been out of it for 9 years. Never a bit of seller's remorse on that one. Had it on a couple of Bajas though. Just my opinion.

By the way....Fountain had at least a two decades of boring graphics. It took them quite a while to figure out how to paint a boat. Same goes for their vinyl.

Please don't think your $hit don't stink because you're riding around in a 20 year old Fountain.

Everyone has different priorities.
Not my intention at all. I dont have the best boat out there. And I see your Baja actually has nice graphics. But you cant argue most Bajas have cheesy stuff, pinks, yellows, purples, and teals, and even up until recently they had that stuff. That doesnt make a boat bad but that what kept me away from them when I was in the market. I didnt want to look like an idiot and I didnt want to pay to have it changed.

When I was looking last year I twas Fountain, PQ, Formula, and Baja. In my price range it came down to this, Formulas were nice but for my price range were either really old or to short or long for me. Pq's there just wasnt a lot out of them out there at the time. And Baja's well it was graphics and If was going to spend X dollar X dollar was going to a Fountain and not a Baja. Now if I could have found a Baja same size and condition for considerably less I would have gone that route, but none were there. Nothing against baja or you man, we all have opinions, but at its core Fountain is a better boat Overall, maybe not in every category. But like others have said what it boils down to is what you want and can spend. Some guys have money and can do everything, most of us have to prioritize. My self I could have had bigger and newer but then I wouldnt have a Camaro, sled, and a trailer. Or I could have done the uniwise thing and took out a huge loan. The original question was what is better, and most would agree a fountain is a better boat, baja is cheaper or more cost effective and might have better interior space.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:01 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I am on my 3rd Baja and prior to getting my most recent one 2 years ago, I was shopping for a year or so, and had interest in buying a Fountain, not because I had problems or quality issues with Baja's only because of having a desire for a Fountain, Cigarette and Apache growing up, I found 2 different times 35 Fountains that I had wanted and was ready to buy, but both times when brought the girl friend to see, she didn't like it, and liked the cabin and open area better in the current 26 Baja I had, as a matter of fact I spent more money to get another Baja that is smaller than the 35 Fountain which also had more power and am very happy and satisfied with the quality and performance of the one I purchased.

Last edited by JWoolever; 06-17-2011 at 01:10 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:33 PM
Banned

u let her choose.? lol j/k you know who the real boss's are.. But a gf deciding for me I dont know if Id let it go that far unless she was paying

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.