Prop Recomendation 35 Lightning >

Prop Recomendation 35 Lightning

Notices

Prop Recomendation 35 Lightning

Old 06-29-2011, 03:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prop Recomendation 35 Lightning

!998 35 Single step Lightning, Standard x dimension, 1;50to1 Bravo 1 drives, Side by side Engines. Engines are warmed over HP500's with B/M megablowers.Horsepower around 700? No Dyno sheets. Right now it has i believe 30p bravo 1 four blades on it and spins them at i think 5200 with a lot of trim. Speed i believe is in the mid to high 80's This is all the info i have. Would 5 blade props help the overall performance on this boat. This is for a friends boat and he wants to make sure nothing is left on the table. Any info would be appreciated Thanks.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:32 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If your numbers are right, pitch, rpm, and speed, he is at about 12% slip, which is pretty good. I used 86 mph
as his top speed to calculated his slip.
In my experience with a 2000 35 ( I know different boat, twin step) the 5 blades helped getting on plane and midrange cruise speed, but you will loose a couple of miles an hour on the top end.
You could have the 30's worked to get a little more rpm, if he is at 5200 assuming he is not at his rev- limiter already, or try going with Hydromotive 4 blade, which out of the box seemed to run a little quicker than the B1, but they dont get on plane as well as the B1.
Call Brett at BBlades, he is on the board tons of knowledge, but this time of year he is very busy, and hard to get a hold of.
Good luck!!
Old 06-29-2011, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Props

I have a set of 30p Hydro's Quad IV's that I had on my 35 fountain with hp500's and B&M blowers which put it at 650hp and saw mid 90's. The props are on OSO prop section and fantastic condition. Bravo 1 solid shafts. Let me Know. Speed