Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Extremely low hours ~ Need Advice!!! >

Extremely low hours ~ Need Advice!!!

Notices

Extremely low hours ~ Need Advice!!!

Old 07-16-2011, 10:20 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 12 Posts

BTW... on a low hour boat that's been stored for years w/o being rolled over....

I may be concerned about the valve springs that have sat in the open position for years and years. I would imagine they may begin to loose temper/seat pressure and may warrant checking or changing before you turn them hard.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jpzaluski
Fandango.... don't give up hope. Perhaps the cockpit can benefit you. Any thoughts of taking the drivers bolster out and working with a marine interior shop that could fabricate and install some accessibility conveniences that would just make the boat ideal for you? Perhaps making a custom drivers bolster, or custom mount for the bolster?

I own a fabrication shop and work on a personal basis with many people that want custom accessibility options. Give it some thought.
Thanks, I haven't given up by any means, I know my boat is out there somewhere.....

I did think about the possibility of making some changes but I can move around so well in the smaller cockpit as it is stock that I just think it works better for me.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jpzaluski
BTW... on a low hour boat that's been stored for years w/o being rolled over....

I may be concerned about the valve springs that have sat in the open position for years and years. I would imagine they may begin to loose temper/seat pressure and may warrant checking or changing before you turn them hard.
I was worried about valve seating a well so after the motors were up to temp I shut them down for 10 min and then started then back up, watching for puff of blue on restart; there was none.

To check the rings I popped off the breather caps of the valve covers while running and looked for any blue blow off; there was none.

If you guys know any better field checks than those please let me know.