42 Fountain "Issues" >

42 Fountain "Issues"

Notices

42 Fountain "Issues"

Old 06-19-2002, 11:45 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 99

The 42 was supposed to be new. The dealer who floorplaned it died. Bank took over his floorplan. The bank kept in in a stoage yard until Fountain bought it from the bank after the estate cleared. Thats when I stepped in and bought it from my dealer. It was only at Fountain for a couple of weeks.
Old 06-19-2002, 02:25 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

regardless of were your purchased that boat weather from a dealer the factory or even if purchased used from a individual if there is a warranty the factory should be responsible. i have owned 2 42's a 90 and my present boat which i ordered in 98, and can say that i have never had any structural problems and what few minor problems i have had were handled promptly and without hassle by my dealer! good luck on your situation and i hope it gets resolved
Old 06-25-2002, 08:35 AM
Banned

Default continued issues

Got the boat back. Yea. Fountain did fix the exterior paint and cosmetics. Many small issues still exist. Takes on water from wierd places. Windsheild falling apart etc. Bilge area looks ok for brush on paint over dirt. Many, I do mean many electrical connectors missing nuts. Wires are just stuck on. Wierd. Worst is water. its everywhere. Old water. Boat is lightyears ahead of where its been. Many hours of cleanup are still ahead. All in all fountain did a 7 in a 1 to 10 rating. At least I have da boat back. The legal thing is being perSUED.
Old 06-25-2002, 09:28 AM
MIdnightRider

People can say what they want. I sell a product(New Homes) based on quality and service. If you buy from our company, that is what you get, it is a competitive market (over 250 in my area) and we are a one of the leaders for this reason. If I buy anything of real value that is new, however you clasify new, you better be there to take care of it. I am amazed at these stories. Fountain or any other manufacturer can thank the Lord I A. cant afford a new boat, and B. did not get one that was less than perfect whether intentional or not. I would be at that Factory sitting in the Presidents office until I had resolve. The time money equation has real value. Boats are way to expensive on the New end to expect anybody to except anything less. There are no excuses. I buy used, it is used and not new, that is what you get, that is what you paid for. Which brings me to my next main post. MIdnight

Old 07-04-2002, 11:10 PM
Banned

Angry Continued problems. . .

Well we finally got the boat back ran it here in Daytona for about an hour. Seemed ok. We dragged the boat up to Savannh for the Polka Run and within the next hour we we were running in with the oso cigarette and we smelled smoke. Shut down and the support bearing that Fountain said they changed was on Fire (grease) along with the main water hose. We single engined back to the Marina (Hogan's/Savannah). Man I was livid when we dissassembled the support housing and found that we were outright lied to by all the Fountain upper management. Had wife and son on board when this happened. Another Polka Run missed. Total run expenses with hotel 1500 bucks shot to S**T. The bearing came apart. Rusty as hell. This was supposed to be new. Man Im so sick of this Fountain Crap.
Old 07-05-2002, 11:43 AM
Registered

My out drive was also repaired by factory and lasted 4 Hours!! lost 2 more weekends This is also a new Fountain
Old 07-05-2002, 08:05 PM
Registered

Unhappy

Fullthrottle42a & Daryl,
You guys are making me happy I didn't buy another Fountain. All there advertising dollars can't make up for the fact that they are delivering less than perfect products. The word gets around and sways potential buyers to go somewhere else. Especially to have a boat fail at a Poker Run. In the current state of the economy I would think the high performance boat companies would need all the business they can get. Bad press definitely doesn’t help that. Take those boats to a qualified Mercury dealer for Merc issues. Only deal with Fountain if you have to. It's sad to see posts like this. I had planned to move up to a 42' one day. If I do it will probably be used. A used boat you expect to have some problems, not on a top quality new boat.
Good luck to both of you. Let us know what happens.
Dan
Old 07-07-2002, 07:34 AM
Banned

Default Old Damage , New Boat

Here is a pic of the New bearing that the folks at Fountain said they took care of. The bearing friction was so severe that it caused a fire. Upon disassembly the input shaft was twisted 180 out. The Merc rep in Savannah said the damage on my input shaft was old. Thanks Fountain factory guys, your Number one in my book. 4th Run missed. This fountain fever is a FOUNTAIN TUMOR.
Attached Thumbnails 42 Fountain "Issues"-dsc00033.jpg  

Last edited by Blade38; 07-08-2002 at 07:57 AM.
Old 07-08-2002, 11:15 AM
Registered

Unhappy

How many hours are on it?
Old 07-08-2002, 02:21 PM
Banned

They told me they took care of it. It should have been a NEW bearing. Ive been in this boat 3 1/2 hours since I owned it and it broke every time. This is a new boat. We found all kinds of hidden damage on this new boat. Input drive shaft has sudden stop damage. I'm already sueing my dealer now its Fountains turn.

Quick Reply: 42 Fountain "Issues"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.