42 Fountain "Issues" >

42 Fountain "Issues"

Notices

42 Fountain "Issues"

Old 07-10-2002, 12:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fullthrottle,
Just finished reading the horror story. Man dude, I hope things start going your way real soon! It will be interesting to continue reading your thread in regards of the legal issues! Something needs done!

Hang in there! Best of luck to ya!!!!!!
Old 07-10-2002, 09:55 PM
Banned

Default Lake X Rigging

We finally cut Fountain Factory out of the picture. The salesman who sold me the damn boat made a couple calls to Steve Schroderer from Merc Cruiser and made an arrangement with Don Long mgr of Lake X. We delivered the boat today to Lake X and explained the main issues to Don. He has assured us that they will go through the drive train with a fine tooth comb so that the boat would run perfectly. This is an improvement over the treatment I've been receiving from fountain. What a great facility Lake X is. The folks there seem professional as hell. Light years above the clowns I've been dealing with. Hopefully at the end of next week I will have the mechanics of thye boat worked out. The rest of the issues, like the destroyed windsheield, etc. will have to wait. I hope Reggie took a picture because this boat will never see the factory again until my lawyer makes them buy it back.
Old 07-10-2002, 11:33 PM
Registered

Fullthrottle42a,
I'm glad Mercury is helping you out. Maybe they'll even find a couple of mph for you. You are way to patient. I would have driven it through the showroom window by now.
Good luck,
Dan

Daryl,
What’s the good or bad word on your boat?

Dan
Old 07-11-2002, 07:28 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

The boat has been running like a top! I still get nervous every time I go out wondering if I will come back on 2. Got about 15 hours and no problems knock on wood. I did buy an extended warranty for 6 years though. Keep the beek. Daryl
Old 07-11-2002, 08:59 AM
Banned

Default Daryl

Thats great the boat runs. Man I've been going nuts. The last time 1st time and last time I ran that boat was at the Daytona races. Fountain really slipped one to me. I have to fix it in order to sell it. Im sueing the dealer as you know. After the problems in Savannah, Im going after Fountain. See you soon
Old 07-12-2002, 12:39 PM
Registered

fullthrottle42a

I enjoyed talking to you on Sunday in Savannah. Hope everything works out with the Lake X guys. I have only heard goods thing about the crew at Lake X!
Old 07-12-2002, 02:11 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Man I feel for you Fullthrottle!! After you spend that much money on a boat you shouldn't get treated like that!!

Hope everything works out for the best!
Old 07-23-2002, 04:56 PM
Banned

Boat is still at Lake X. Those guys down there are great. They went though the drives and confirmed how screwed up they were. Both drives had bent shafts. In fact all the shafts were bent. They are still waiting for calls to put the boat back together. Fountain or the dealer aren't any help. I had to put the new type prop shafts on my account. Fountain or my dealer are not following any of the Lake recomedations. The guys down there are fed up with waiting. I did speak to Steve Harrelson at fountain. Another Zero in the fountain line up. I dont know what title his Biz card says he has but basically he has no authority. Anything I need to relay has to go through Betty, Fountains Sec. My Dealer, Daytona Marine Performance, has really let me down.
Old 07-23-2002, 08:15 PM
Registered

Sorry they’re still giving you the run around. What a shame! I had issues with my 35 and water pressure being way too high. My selling dealer did what he could do. Fountain gave me advice on how to fix my problems. No financial help for there's and Mercs screw-ups. Merc still contends there was no problem. My problem was 40+ lbs. of block water pressure just in case any Fountain managers are reading this. I spent $11,000.00 to correct this problem. Wyatt, Steve and Jeff all no about this and did not help. I guess you need to buy one of their high dollar cruisers to get a perfect boat. On a good note my boat runs better than ever.

Dan
Old 08-09-2002, 05:34 PM
Banned

Flew in to pick up my boat from lake X and found out that Fountain did not pay the bill. The guys at Lake X have done a great job. Lake X has been calling Fountain but have not got any call backs yet. We found a load of Hidden damage to my drives that were existing when Fountain assembled the boat. Missalignment. Twisted shafts, you name it. I have never seen such a poorly put together boat. I'll be back next week to pick it up. COD if ness. Thanks again Fountain $#@/!!G A@#@)&%S...

Quick Reply: 42 Fountain "Issues"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.