Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
anyone know how fast this boat will run? >

anyone know how fast this boat will run?

Notices

anyone know how fast this boat will run?

Old 09-24-2011, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I doesn't have a kitchen.. darn . I am goibg to see how much he wants for the trailer
Old 09-24-2011, 09:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Look closer has what looks like super chillers on it already.

That seems like a low price.
The intercoolers probly give about 75 hp. You get at least 3 pounds of boost by cooling the air
Old 09-24-2011, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by teamsynergy
That boat is around 11.5k for weight dry...with those motors, I say about 78.
78! Go back to Sonic Land! I got 82-83 out my non stepped 38 Fever, runnin thru Huber trannies and ssm drives, with 468CI based mills!

I can see those engines pictured making 650HP with some added boost if everything else stock. If I can hit 83 with no steps, and about the same power, i can see a newer twin step with bravo's well into the 90's.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
78! Go back to Sonic Land! I got 82-83 out my non stepped 38 Fever, runnin thru Huber trannies and ssm drives, with 468CI based mills!

I can see those engines pictured making 650HP with some added boost if everything else stock. If I can hit 83 with no steps, and about the same power, i can see a newer twin step with bravo's well into the 90's.
Sonic makes good hamburgers....and tots.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by mcprodesign
The intercoolers probly give about 75 hp. You get at least 3 pounds of boost by cooling the air
Not sure what you mean. Normally, when installing intercoolers you will lose boost psi on the gauge. This is due to the cooler air filling the cylinders better, and the restriction of the cooler itself. You can gain 75hp by adding a chiller, but from what I have seen, you only see the real gains when you crank up the boost, say from 4psi to 7psi.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:47 PM
Registered

Actually... since looking at the ad again, I will say 88 now. I didn't realize it was a stepped hull plus the fountains pad... I changed my constant and boom... lol
Old 09-24-2011, 08:57 PM
Registered

Not sure what you mean. Normally, when installing intercoolers you will lose boost psi on the gauge. This is due to the cooler air filling the cylinders better, and the restriction of the cooler itself. You can gain 75hp by adding a chiller, but from what I have seen, you only see the real gains when you crank up the boost, say from 4psi to 7psi.
And this is done by a smaller pulley....
Old 09-24-2011, 10:49 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by teamsynergy
I changed my constant and boom... lol

Changed my constant? You need to get out of that computer run speed calculator and into the real world. Those things are only good for amusement on a saturday afternoon in mid January.

I've run four different sets of props in the last two weekends with very close top end results. None of them would play into a computer speed calculator and end up close to the same number.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:37 PM
Registered

What I think I mean is . If you crank up boost you get more heat. Thus making ( detination). If you cool the air. You can get more air in w/o as much heat. Making more power. I may have worded it wrong but you know what I mean.

P.S. A 38 sonic would wiegh 12 thousand pounds and run about 65 with the same power.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Changed my constant? You need to get out of that computer run speed calculator and into the real world. Those things are only good for amusement on a saturday afternoon in mid January.

I've run four different sets of props in the last two weekends with very close top end results. None of them would play into a computer speed calculator and end up close to the same number.
Thanks for the enlightenment...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.