Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
anyone know how fast this boat will run? >

anyone know how fast this boat will run?

Notices

anyone know how fast this boat will run?

Old 12-28-2011, 09:06 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by flying J
That looks really really good. Im looking at a 2000 38 lightning w/500s this week! Maybe I can do something like this! I would change that wheel to match but thats just me
How about this one?

Old 12-28-2011, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 17 Posts

Chad, it looks great!!!!!!!!!

Its going to be in the 60's here for New Years, don't know about you but I am going for a boat ride!
Old 12-28-2011, 04:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by nebraskabaja
Chad, it looks great!!!!!!!!!

Its going to be in the 60's here for New Years, don't know about you but I am going for a boat ride!
That makes at least 2 of us !! What are you taking out? The Poker run???
Old 12-28-2011, 06:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nicely done...
Old 12-28-2011, 08:34 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by mcprodesign
phase 1 is done

I am going to paint the graphics on the outside this blue also. BUT I need to test drive it first !!. It is ready for the sea trial !!! Done workin' on it for a a while !

very nice!! i just pulled the windshield frame off my fastech to paint it blue. I hope it turns out this nice.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:46 PM
Registered

Perfect match! I think its just the 5 allen heads to swap right?
Old 12-29-2011, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by mcprodesign
That makes at least 2 of us !! What are you taking out? The Poker run???
Depends on parts. I have an Outerlimits that needs to be water tested and we de-winterized a big cruiser for the holiday weekend. Might push some water with more than one boat!

Happy New Year!
Old 12-31-2011, 08:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by nebraskabaja
Depends on parts. I have an Outerlimits that needs to be water tested and we de-winterized a big cruiser for the holiday weekend. Might push some water with more than one boat!

Happy New Year!
H9ow fast is the outerlimits?

I just want to say that this boat was everything Brett @ performance boat brokerage said it was. ( I don't know if you all know this but i boat the boat site un seen and had it deliverd, wired money etc) It is a peferct example of a High Quality performance fountain powerboat ! I could not be happier with the purchase of my new boat.

So If you need a boat Call Brett first !!!

We took it out on San Diego bay, Dodged sail boats, chop, aircraft carries etc.. Then we took it out on the ocean and luanched it. The boat performed flawlessly and vey smoothly.

Then (after lunch) We opened it up on the way back to the trailer. It hangs Really Nice! I think I had the tabs at 3 and the drives at 4 or 5 and we almost hit 90.(According to the tach we were right at 5100 maybe 52.)
We could not really see very far in front of us because the foggy marine layer was thick.. Good thing we did let off because we Luanched off some BIG SH!Trollers at about 70 ...

As it was it was a pretty good first time out. I still need to toe the drives to 1/8, ( they are at 1/4 right now) a trim sincro on the drives might be in order as well. As far as the motors.. The best thing is that the timing is at 28, this means the motors have run at a mild tunning for quite some time. If i set the timing to 30 or even 32 I could see a huge perfomance increase. Plus a little longer at WOT I might see 94ish. But I really think I need a set of labbed 34's. Right now it has hydro 5 blade 32's . and the boat JUMPS! on plane really quick as it is...
Old 01-01-2012, 10:19 AM
Registered

Are there any experts on drive heidth? I have one inch spacers on the drives. Doesn't it look like I could remove them and run bigger wheels? I don't mind working to plane it if I get more up top. I gat a poker run comming up. Any input would be greatly apreciated.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:20 PM
Registered

Ran 91 on Elsinore today on the rev limiter (5400) and I have not even started timimg and tuning yet. I need some bigger wheels

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.