Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
What do you think of this 35' Lightning? >

What do you think of this 35' Lightning?

Notices

What do you think of this 35' Lightning?

Old 09-28-2011, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveO782
Just wanted to get some opinions on this boat.

http://www.boatcrazy.com/search/deta...t=&link=&text=

Checked it out and test drove it at LOTO this past Saturday. It's as clean as the description says and everything is stock/OEM on it. Owned by a 68 year old guy for the last 6 years. He didn't put very much time on it himself and he's looking to get into a pontoon boat. As of right now he won't budge on price and wants an extra $4K for the trailer. He told me he was originally asking $49K for the boat earlier this summer, but then dropped his price down to what it is now. I think $30K w/trailer would be a pretty good buy.

Although it's a really nice boat and everything for its age, I'm still hesitant with it being a 1990. Should I let the age of it bother me? Worried if I want to upgrade in a few years I might have a hard time selling it or getting most of my money back. Was hoping maybe some of you could offer some insight. Anything I should be worried about on this model, year, motor, drives, etc?

This will be my first boat and I will be boating down at LOTO with it. I've had a few other OSO members tell me they wouldn't be afraid of the boat and it'd be a good deal, that is assuming it passes a survey w/o any major problems.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Steve
very niiiiiiiiiice
Old 09-28-2011, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What about this '95 Lightning?

Thanks for everyone's opinions so far. I appreciate it.

This was another one I found, but I haven't looked at it yet. The boat is actually in KC with the owner and winterized. At least that's what the brokerage place told me when I called them last week.

http://www.boatinglife360.com/boat-l...g-35/106160571

I see something like this, 5 years newer, although with about 130 hrs more than that '90, but with 502 EFI's, more modern cuddy, plus a trailer. Assuming this is as clean as the other one, and you could get it for around $40K, this would be a better boat and deal IMO. You guys agree?

Not a fan of the solid white scheme, but it's not like something can't be done about that.