Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Anyone know who owns this 35 Lightning at LOTO? >

Anyone know who owns this 35 Lightning at LOTO?

Notices

Anyone know who owns this 35 Lightning at LOTO?

Old 10-06-2011, 11:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know who owns this 35 Lightning at LOTO?

http://www.boatinglife360.com/boat-l...g-35/106160571

Boat is currently located in storage at Kansas City with the owner, but is used down at LOTO. It's being listed by Lake Wide Yacht Brokerage. I have a fellow OSO member who passes through KC on the weekends and said he would stop by and give it a look to see if it's worth my time or not to drive out and look at and possibly save me the 8 hr round trip drive.

Problem is I've been trying like hell to get the location/address on this boat from Lake Wide and the broker there (Carl) won't just give me the owner's phone number and location himself, he wants me to get it straight from the owner over a 3 way call between all of us. I think he's afraid of getting cut out on the deal. Anyway, everytime we do this 3 way call the owner isn't there, although in all fairness one of the times he tried calling me with the owner on the other line, but I missed their call. Last time we tried this 3 way (last Saturday) it went to the owner's voicemail and I left him a message to call me. Haven't heard a thing from him. So I called Lake Wide on Tuesday and he said he'd contact the owner and get back to me....still haven't heard anything.

If anyone knows anything about this boat or owner or anything, please let me know. I'd appreciate it.

I'm starting to get aggarvated here. This just seems way over complicated just to look at a boat. Do people not really care if they sell boats or not?
Old 10-06-2011, 01:04 PM
Registered

Hang in there, things move at a different pace around LOTO, good looking boat.
Old 10-06-2011, 02:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

what happened to the older 35 you were looking at at Bergers ?? Looked clean.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:34 PM
Registered

That one is still on my radar Cafe. Called him the other night to make sure he still had it. With that boat being a '90 I'm leary that if I want to upgrade down the road I might have trouble selling it due to it's age. Do I have a legitimate concern here or would this probably not be much of a problem?

I'd like to look at some others first (like the one I mention in this post) before I pull the trigger on anything.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:47 PM
Registered

A friend actually went and looked at the boat with a friend of his...Said it was super clean. It was on craigslist for a while up here, but it looks like it expired... It was supposedly off 291 highway in Independence Missouri, at a landscape company. You can at least google some landscape companies and call the ones off the highway there...It is worth a shot. Broker sounds like an idiot...
Old 10-06-2011, 05:33 PM
Registered

Thanks for the info Triple. Yeah the first time I talked to the broker a couple weeks back he said the boat was winterized and in storage in KC, probably at that same place your friend looked at it. So I gotta ask, did your friend end up buying another boat or something, or how come this one fell through?
Old 10-06-2011, 07:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SteveO782
Thanks for the info Triple. Yeah the first time I talked to the broker a couple weeks back he said the boat was winterized and in storage in KC, probably at that same place your friend looked at it. So I gotta ask, did your friend end up buying another boat or something, or how come this one fell through?
I actually think he was asking 50k for it then, guy offered 45k without trailer...guy wouldnt budge.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by triple 300s
I actually think he was asking 50k for it then, guy offered 45k without trailer...guy wouldnt budge.
Sounds to me like the guy really doesn't want to sell it then.

Not to insult some of the people currently selling their boats right now, but I think a lot of them have it stuck in their head that the boat market value is still high, when in reality it's not even close. That's why you're going to be seeing the same boats for sale for a long, long time unless they get realistic with their asking price. Check out this link. Like the owner of Shogren says in it, "Wholesale is the new retail."

http://speedonthewater.com/component...ed-for-reality
Old 10-07-2011, 03:12 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

He could be one of those guys who's wifey says sell the boat and he dosent want to so he prices it high and puts no effort into it. My dad did that one time and someone actually gave him his asking price and he couldn't say no.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:31 AM
Registered

Be careful till the time you are stuck there at least. Use the latest technology to get of such situation. Really nice boat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.