38 fever with 6 drives. >

38 fever with 6 drives.

Notices

38 fever with 6 drives.

Old 11-26-2011, 12:46 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts
Default 38 fever with 6 drives.

i reciently purchased a 99 38 fever that origionally came with sc800,s and 6 drives.i am trying to find some history on this boat,i talked to a gentelman in key west who said he thaught it was built for a fountain dealer in ohio,and that it was the only 38 ever made with side by side 6 drives.if anybody knows anything about my boat,i would love to hear about it,reggie,if you remember this boat,please tell me whatever you can.thanks in advance for any imput.MIKE T. i forgot to mention,the previous owner baught it from shogren in illinois.
Old 11-26-2011, 07:23 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 38 Question

Mike,

To the best of our knowledge that boat was built with the 800's but not sure its the only one ever built. We took boat on trade from Kevin in Indiana about 5 years ago and he used primarily in FL. Bob them traded in his 42 pro charged boat on it and it went to LOTO.

That is all the history we have on it.

Regards,

Team Shogren

www.teamshogren.com

Originally Posted by mike tkach
i reciently purchased a 99 38 fever that origionally came with sc800,s and 6 drives.i am trying to find some history on this boat,i talked to a gentelman in key west who said he thaught it was built for a fountain dealer in ohio,and that it was the only 38 ever made with side by side 6 drives.if anybody knows anything about my boat,i would love to hear about it,reggie,if you remember this boat,please tell me whatever you can.thanks in advance for any imput.MIKE T. i forgot to mention,the previous owner baught it from shogren in illinois.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Team Shogren
Mike,

To the best of our knowledge that boat was built with the 800's but not sure its the only one ever built. We took boat on trade from Kevin in Indiana about 5 years ago and he used primarily in FL. Bob them traded in his 42 pro charged boat on it and it went to LOTO.

That is all the history we have on it.

Regards,

Team Shogren

www.teamshogren.com
scott,thanks for the info,i was with joe several times when you were working on joe,s 42,after he got it home,i went through the engines for him.when i was looking at the 38 joe told me that bob traded the 42 in on it,talk about a small world.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That might be one that Michael (Grand Prix Marine in Cinci) had the factory put together. I remember him having one like that and heard it run at his shop a couple of times. I'll tell Michael that you are looking for info, and if it was his, he can probably fill in some details.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:01 PM
Registered

For some reason I think that mine was a 1998 but I will check. I also remember one other 38 fever being built with #6 drives. Mine had a pair of Merc 1000SC motors from the old Ohio Steel race boat and had B&M two speed trans. It had LOTS of custom things done when it was made. I will see if I can find the file on it with the hull #........what is the hull # for the one you have?
Old 11-26-2011, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

was always intregued by that boat... vapor trail right
Old 11-26-2011, 07:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FtnDlr
For some reason I think that mine was a 1998 but I will check. I also remember one other 38 fever being built with #6 drives. Mine had a pair of Merc 1000SC motors from the old Ohio Steel race boat and had B&M two speed trans. It had LOTS of custom things done when it was made. I will see if I can find the file on it with the hull #........what is the hull # for the one you have?
FGQ38300A999.IT SITS ON A MIKO TRAILER WITH A DRIVE GUARD.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Great looking boat. It should be fast.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Reggie Fountain
Great looking boat. It should be fast.
reggie,thanks for responding,in your expert opinion,what kind of speed should i see from it.the drives are dry sump and the x is as high as possible,they will be an honest 1000 hp at 6000 rpm.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:15 PM
Registered

Can I guess.....

1999 Fever

upper teens maybe 120

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.