Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
old fever upgrades >

old fever upgrades

Notices

old fever upgrades

Old 12-05-2011, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah nothing wrong with spicing up an old fever........the pics/vids of your boat are what got me hooked on the old straight bottom 38 fever with a race fairing, yours and back4more's 42 lightning....both clean,classic, and cool.

here's mine

that makes a lot more sense to me to wait on doing the steering until the engines are out now that ya mention it.

There is a little slop at the back of the helm, and the heims on the tie bar were junk when I picked the boat up. I screw some leftover 4 link heims on it to get it in the water try and diagnose the problem, but I'll replace them with some good ones.

I'll look in the ubolts. I had the boat at a shop for some other work and told him to check out the gimbals while there were poking around, everything appeared to be fine.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:56 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Nice looking boat! Once you get the steering and some power in it, you will love the ride. At 84mph, mine feels like its on rails. Hoping to get 90 next summer with power upgrades.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice ride . congrats Tim
Old 12-05-2011, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 391 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Yes sir! Thanks for noticing! The hatches aren't completely done yet. We didn't get to make the faces for them yet, and in that pic they are in interlux primer. Just popped them on for a test fit and boat ride. Faces will have a polished aluminum kind of grate/grille on them. The hatches were a low budget project in Ryans driveway, but came out better than we expected. Main reason for building them was because I was out really horsin around up in South haven, mi, in some big water...runnin a little too hard for the stock sunpad cushions. Screws came loose, pieces of the pad lost at sea! Dont have to worry bout that anymore!
Nice, I remember hearing that story about you loosing the sun pads... I did that on our mistress.. The last run to the boat ramp.... Pops was not to happy... Ryan and you did a great job..! So it sounds like your upgrading power also...? Looks like you made some good headway already on the winter projects... Just got go a while before its sunny and warm again.... But, it does go by quick...
Jr.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by J-Bonz
Nice, I remember hearing that story about you loosing the sun pads... I did that on our mistress.. The last run to the boat ramp.... Pops was not to happy... Ryan and you did a great job..! So it sounds like your upgrading power also...? Looks like you made some good headway already on the winter projects... Just got go a while before its sunny and warm again.... But, it does go by quick...
Jr.
Ya, engines are out right now for a freshen/rebuild. They been together a while, so figured its time. Not really changing much in the recipe, other than larger blowers and some minor parts upgrading. Kris vogt is helping me do the motors up by his shop. He originally put mine together about 7+ years ago. They been great. Now, with the new hatches, clearance isnt a problem for bigger huffers.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would ya let ole' 1990 Lightining in the group?
Attached Thumbnails old fever upgrades-31857_414233522520_544577520_4065122_7302221_n.jpg  
Old 12-10-2011, 01:11 AM
Registered

Received 391 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Ya, engines are out right now for a freshen/rebuild. They been together a while, so figured its time. Not really changing much in the recipe, other than larger blowers and some minor parts upgrading. Kris vogt is helping me do the motors up by his shop. He originally put mine together about 7+ years ago. They been great. Now, with the new hatches, clearance isnt a problem for bigger huffers.
Nice!! Didnt realize he was an engine guy!! Hopefully we will catch up this summer...
Jr.