Towing a 27 or 29???? >

Towing a 27 or 29????

Notices

Towing a 27 or 29????

Old 02-14-2012, 01:21 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 97FASTech
10,300 every little bit counts. just say'in.
true but the Chevy, Ford (5.0) and ram all have the capacity to tow 10,300 and 10,400. And EB is 11,300. So whats Tundra doing the rest arent??? 3/4 tons are up past 12-14klbs. Think your numbers might be off a little.

Dont let dealers fool you or brand commercials. I researched this EB for months and kicked around the idea of a ram for a little bit, sorry I dont know much about tundra, I would never buy just my opinion. I cross checked brand websites with independent rating agencies to ensure that the brands werent lying. It depends on which model you get but Everybodys half tox maxes out righ at the 10-3 10,400 range withe EB taking the cake at 11,300. One thing about the EB that other half tons and even diesels dont provide is you get all that 420lbs of torque at like 1500rpms not at much higher RPM's like others.

Last edited by soldier4402; 02-14-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:26 PM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by soldier4402
what 9000lbs thats far from 3/4 tons
10,300 every little bit counts. just say'in.
Thanks FASTech

Compare brakes, axles, etc between auto makers.

Edit: Honestly, I'm not one that's a fan at towing at/near maximum capacity. I'm looking at upgrading tow vehicles and not considering light-duty (1/2-1ton) trucks this time around.

Last edited by Plowtownmissile; 02-14-2012 at 07:33 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:54 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

Bottom line is, every truck has a purpose based on ones need and capacity. That is why there are so many brands and models. Was not fooled about towing capacity when it is in black and white, and you can hold a manufacturer to this standard.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:25 AM
Registered

Bottom line is, every truck has a purpose based on ones need and capacity. That is why there are so many brands and models. Was not fooled about towing capacity when it is in black and white, and you can hold a manufacturer to this standard.
Saw a fully loaded 1/2 ton Ford EcoBoost with a sticker price of $51k

You can buy a new 3/4 ton Ram crew cab 4wd diesel or a couple year old fully loaded 4500 Kodiak crewcab Duramax/Allison with really low miles for that or less.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by salesdeity
I tow my 29 single with a Trailbalzer SS. No problems. Rear air suspension brings it right up to level. 0-60 times drop from 6 seconds to 10 seconds though.
Please tell me you aren't serious!
Old 02-16-2012, 01:19 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=Plowtownmissile;3618202]Saw a fully loaded 1/2 ton Ford EcoBoost with a sticker price of $51k
QUOTE]

What? King Ranch or Platinum I assume. My hunting buddy just bought a zero miles fully loaded XLT ecoboost crew cab 4x4 with leveling kit and custom wheels and nitto offroad tires, sprayed in liner, undercoating and every extended warranty they offer (interior, paint, drivetrain etc) for 31K out the door. I didnt believe it until I saw the final paperwork. Thats really the only reason for this thread. Its made me consider the same truck.......for that price its hard not to buy!!!

Beaumont, TX is where he bought incase anyone was going to ask.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:51 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=THEPISTONHEAD;3618899]
Originally Posted by Plowtownmissile
QUOTE]

What? King Ranch or Platinum I assume. My hunting buddy just bought a zero miles fully loaded XLT ecoboost crew cab 4x4 with leveling kit and custom wheels and nitto offroad tires, sprayed in liner, undercoating and every extended warranty they offer (interior, paint, drivetrain etc) for 31K out the door. I didnt believe it until I saw the final paperwork. Thats really the only reason for this thread. Its made me consider the same truck.......for that price its hard not to buy!!!

Yeah thats the decked out lariat I assume. 51 would be hard still unless you are talking tax and title.

My xlt which is not loaded out but dang close was sticker of 38 and I paid 31 and some change before tax and title. Think out the door it cost me 33.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:59 AM
Registered

Yeah your right. You just made it sound like Tundra was the only one pushing 10,300 which is not even close to being accurate.

You have to factor in what you are doing, money, etc. For me Its wife and I going 30mins north between memorial day and Labor day. So this the EB works where no other 1/2 ton in my mind would do it safely. This is about the biggest load I would put on this truck. If I was going to tow this thing 5-6 hours with thousands of pounds of added gear and people every weekend I wouldnt be in this truck. But if your the standard boater and go maybe an hour or two tops with the wife and one or two kids, this truck makes perfect sense. Just weigh your needs and your wallet, if you have never been in a diesel before trust me you will not understand the true cost until your into one and it hurts. If you have a 300 a month payment plus 100 insurance and a gas tank a week which is 150 bucks, a diesel could and will cost you a cool grand or more to operate per month.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:05 PM
Registered

29 twin here , I tow with a ccsb duramax , would never pull with a 1/2 gasser , not that it wont but i sure feel a lot better with my kids and my wife in the truck knowing its built to stop that much weight..
Old 02-20-2012, 06:10 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=THEPISTONHEAD;3618899]
Originally Posted by Plowtownmissile
QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it was a Platinum package ecoboost.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.