Next Project for my 29

Old 03-20-2012, 12:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boat is really lookin good!
Old 03-20-2012, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

Since you had your windshield frame apart, I thought I'd ask if you replaced this foam gasket / insert. If so, where did you get the replacement? What's the proper name for it?

Mine is too short in almost every location which bugs the $hit out of me.

Thanks.

Last edited by ALL_IN!; 03-20-2012 at 10:52 AM. Reason: added pic
Old 03-20-2012, 06:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by easyrider1340
Since you had your windshield frame apart, I thought I'd ask if you replaced this foam gasket / insert. If so, where did you get the replacement? What's the proper name for it?

Mine is too short in almost every location which bugs the $hit out of me.

Thanks.
Yes I replaced all the rubber and that foam insert you're talking about as well. I got all the parts from Fountain. I'd call Tony Vick in the part department and tell him what your wanting to do and I'm sure he'll be able to help you out. Yes the parts department is still open, I just talked to Tony today.

Last edited by Spinletto; 03-20-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Brought my JL coaxials home to mount LEDS behind the grills and recalled this question. Yes they come off. The standard components grills come off no problem. The coaxials required the tweeter wires to be carefully removed, then 2 grill cover to housing screws removed, to remove the covers. Real easy, just gotta be careful with the tweeter wiring. Not sure how you'd keep paint out of the tweeters though since they are epoxied to the grill in the coaxials. Probably can't
I just put a deposit down on the speakers and the stereo install. I decided to go with the sport grille and just leave them white.

Last edited by Spinletto; 03-22-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

Thanks. I was hoping that I could pick some up locally. The stuff probably weighs less than a pound for the whole boat, but I'll pay $10+ for shipping. ...bout out of $$! haha!!

Originally Posted by Spinletto
Yes I replaced all the rubber and that foam insert you're talking about as well. I got all the parts from Fountain. I'd call Tony Vick in the part department and tell him what your wanting to do and I'm sure he'll be able to help you out. Yes the parts department is still open, I just talked to Tony today.