Fountain Front windshield

Notices

Fountain Front windshield

Old 03-12-2012, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fountain Front windshield

If this post has been gone over in the past Please show me the link,

I like a lot of people with these windshields have a major spiderwebbing or cracking issue, It looks like tempered glass ready to explode! And since this is a sit down boat I would love to be able to see through it like it was meant to be! Does anyone have any Ideas? I cant imagine I can purchase one for a 24 CS that they had such a limited production on. Can the plexi glass be formed and replaced by a professional? I would be willing to remove it all in the pieces and send it off to get matched if possible!

Thank you all in advance!

Aaron
Old 03-14-2012, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a tinted one and its plastic too. I dont have major spider webs, but if the light hits is right you can see spider webs. You can probably take it off and start calling around locally to glass and plastic shops and they can probably replace it. But whether you get it replaced or find a part new it will cost you
Old 03-14-2012, 10:02 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.finneys.com/marine.html

Try these guys Might be pricey. They want 400 bucks for a 6in by 5 ft clear peice. But never know.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:24 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Is the windshield stiil in good shape other than the cracking? On my 10 meter it had the tinted widshield which was spider cracked like crazy. I painted mine black and it looked really good. But if it is a sit down boat and you want to see through it i guess painting it would not help you .
Old 03-15-2012, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by soldier4402
I have a tinted one and its plastic too. I dont have major spider webs, but if the light hits is right you can see spider webs. You can probably take it off and start calling around locally to glass and plastic shops and they can probably replace it. But whether you get it replaced or find a part new it will cost you
I have the same problem on my 05' 29 on the port side.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great help, I emailed finneys and awaiting response!

Thank you all

yea I do need to sit down and it really does make a difference. It is just like a foggy windshield in your car. Makes me wanna pull an ace ventura and stick my head out the side so I can see!!!! It may look clear from a distance but up close where it matters it sucks! I took it out today and it just pissed me off!!!!
Old 03-18-2012, 12:12 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Both my side panels were like that too when I bought mine in '02 (3 yrs old) Replaced them then and still look like new 9 yrs later. Have only used boat soap/water to wash.
A common problem. Seems the side panels are more prone to the 'crazing'.
Using cleaning products such as Windex are stated to be 1 cause. Alcohol content? Some have thought excessive heat build up from being under a cover is a possibility.

A buddy used to take a paint heat gun over his. He claimed to made the crazing become almost undetectable. Still there though, cause once it's crazed, it's crazed.

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 03-18-2012 at 12:15 AM.