Blige Blowers >

Blige Blowers

Notices

Blige Blowers

Old 03-21-2012, 02:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
My blowers are the 1st thing that get turned on, and they stay on till the key goes to off. No exceptions.
These are words of wisdom...
Old 03-22-2012, 05:50 AM
Registered

I am with US1 on this as well....blower fan motors are CHEAP compared to blowing up your boat. Mine run anytime the engines are running. I also open my hatch when I launch the boat and start it after it has been sitting in storage.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:12 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Two new blowers installed & both are being used as discharge blowers. The original set up was starboard blower set up for fresh air in @ port was air out. I knew they were both working but I never thought to check the direction of flow.
I too run my blowers all the time. I have never seen a boat blow up in person but I have talked to people that have & they say it is not pretty. Blowers are cheap not worth the risk.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:14 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree. Didn't see the actual boat blow up, but saw the carcus later on in the day tied up to the shore. Boat just filled up with gas at marina, hit key, boom. Burned down to the waterline.

Some times just seeing the aftermath and then realizing that not only can it happen, but it does happen, makes you more aware and more likely to flip that switch.

I'd put money on the blower being installled backwards from day 1. Not hard to do.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Racerngr1
I don't even run mine. I figure with as much air flows through the vents, it should be good.
I personally know two people that spent weeks in ICU from burns to 75 % of their body for not running their blowers. To make things worse, the hatch was open a bit. The boat was coming out for the first time that year. Fumes form in the very bottom of your bilge. I turn my blowers on first thing when I get in the boat and when I dock for a few minutes. Sure beats the alternative.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:58 PM
Registered

Exclamation Kaboom

Originally Posted by racerngr1
how many people on here actually use their bilge blowers?
30 yrs ago-half asleep at 3:30 am -i forgot to hit my blowers before the ign. On my inboard cc lobster boat
after a short involuntery rocket flight over the rail and a trip 8' underwater until i kicked my boots off - i surfaced to a 30' mushroom cloud of flame and a permanent life lesson.
Aways hit the blowers

hell i've considered putting them in my living room recliner , in case of a bad burrito!
Old 03-25-2012, 06:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Use 'em!

http://www.kgw.com/news/Three-rescue...-89273632.html
Old 03-25-2012, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

that would be a good test to try,one boat with one blower blowing air in,and one blower used as exhaust,another boat with two exhaust blowers
Old 03-25-2012, 11:09 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

While we are on the subject. My brother had a small ski boat and the float must have stuck or something.. Anyway . when she blew, the motor cover hit him in the back of the head and he and his faimly swam in the water and watched it burn to nothing. He didn't have halon but still even w that . It's not good !!!. Always use when off plane !! Smell your vents before you start and always make sure your Aircrafft fittings are not dripping fuel . Or open the hatch and smell before you start
Old 03-26-2012, 07:06 AM
Registered

All of mine have always had one going in and one going out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.