Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
How does water get in front of the steps >

How does water get in front of the steps

Notices

How does water get in front of the steps

Old 05-19-2012, 06:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine does it too. I have found it only does it when i wash out the cockpit while sitting on the trailer. I never see water from the floor drains draining into the bilge.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by leonard
mcprodesign,
I thnk its a San Diego thing I have the same problem with my 47' I have no idea where that water comes from. can only say mine comes from the galley sink outlet but I'm still searching let me know if you find out anything else.

Thanks

P.S. Maybe I see you on the water this season?

are you going to launch the 47 on Elsinore?

I go to Mission Bay for the Thunderboat regatta too... Also Havasu
Old 05-19-2012, 07:16 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by JoCo32
Mine does it too. I have found it only does it when i wash out the cockpit while sitting on the trailer. I never see water from the floor drains draining into the bilge.
Take a look at my post #8 on this thread. The reason you don't see any water draining from the cockpit area when you wash it down is because the water from those drains goes outboard of the stringers and then is running forward rather than back. This ends up under the step or forward below the anchor locker.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by mcprodesign

are you going to launch the 47 on Elsinore?

I go to Mission Bay for the Thunderboat regatta too... Also Havasu
I mostly stay in Mission bay and San diego bay and also on the committee for the thunder boat regatta. What does you fountain look like got a pic you can send me?

[email protected]
Old 05-20-2012, 12:52 AM
Registered

I love the GP boats the most

Last edited by mcprodesign; 10-10-2012 at 08:58 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:51 AM
Registered

Default Water in foward bilge

I had the same issue. It was multiple leaks.At the bow light,bow cleat,and bolt penetrations for bow rails.Take the mirror out in front of the birth and have someone outside with a hose and check all the above.It solved my problems.I have 1994 35 lightning.Something else u might want to consider.There is a drain plug under the steps. I keep that closed tight. In the step box there is a hole in the front side that allows water that might leak in from cabin hatch to drain to the bilge.I epoxied a short pipe nipple in that hole with 1/4 turn valve inside the box.That way if u get any water accumulation at all in the step box it cannot get out and ruin your carpet.Good luck,hope this this helps u.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:51 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow... this is driving me crazy I have tried everything even crawling under the thing looking for a damn hole in the bottem !
Old 05-21-2012, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 8 Posts

water on the gunwhale sides also drains to the front bilge when the boat is on the trailer. Be sure to check the seals on the side cleats and fuel caps. I haven't had any issues, I also leave my boat very nose high on the trailer with the rear plug out.

My 36 outlaw would transfer water from the rear bilge to the front bilge on decelleration and trailer braking, don't know if it is possible on the fountain. I used to drain that boat on the ramp otherwise I would have soaked cabin carpet by the time I got home
Old 05-21-2012, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

mine was the hand rail. had to take apart the side interior tighten the bolts down and siliconed the heck out of them.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:01 PM
Registered

a big problem on mine i've found so far was the bow cleat and bow lights but yet I still getting water under my step, even after I sealed them up.

I'm not shure YET if this has fixed my problem but I noticed the fairing was siliconed on the bottom and not from the top, so any water that came in from the backside of the fairing/ or any screw holes was staying trapped between the deck and the fairing and once it go high enough it would dump into the cabin/under the step through the screw holes. I pulled my entire race fairing off this winter and it was nasty between the fairing/deck. and all the stains/scum line ended barely above the screw holes that hold the fairing on.

I just scraped all the silicone off completely and ONLY siliconed around the screw holes between the deck/ fairing that way any water that does get in can atleast escape.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.