D*** Bolster seats >

D*** Bolster seats

Notices

D*** Bolster seats

Old 06-15-2012, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default D*** Bolster seats

Anybody know how or have a trouble shooting diagram for these.

I got a 91 fountain with the original bolsters. The fluid kept leaking out the pump resovoir and the seat would be kind of stiff but would be loose or go up and down by an inch or two.

Fast ward replaced the resovor, and the seat feels firm, but when you sit it drops all the way out, and for some reasont he fluid still comes out, but doesnt look like its coming from the resovoir anymore. I tightened everything down on the pump.

Any experiences guides, etc out there.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:51 AM
Registered

nobody has ever had an issue with a bolster. Is there an electric kit I could just replace it with.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What did you figure out with the bolster trouble. I have a 97 Fountain Fever and my seat seems to dropping down on me slowly. But I have seen any oil any where. In fact I dont see the resivor changing on the oil level at all either. Any Ideas??
Old 08-17-2012, 08:29 AM
Registered

I am assuming you have two hyd. pumps (for the seats) in the engine compartment with white plastic tanks held in place with one screw in the bottom of the tank. Remove the tank and get the ones that are held in place with four screws. (ebay). There are two brass strainers on the ends of the pressure tube and the return tube that are in the white tank. They get clogged up over time and they come with the new tank. Use a large zip lock bag over the tank when you are removing it. Helps keep the mess to a minimum. Install the new strainers and tank along with new fluid. Purge the system. Check your conections too if you are pulling air they will lock up too. Oh ya use a magnetic tip phillips screw driver when replacing the tank. Hope this helps. Zman
Old 08-17-2012, 07:49 PM
Registered

thanks guys I dont know what happened. Put a new tank in and held somewhat but was leaking out of the new tank. Tried tightening and I think i just cracked the tank and its screwed. I will try a new tank and try cleaning the brass fittings at some point. how would you purge these?
Old 08-19-2012, 08:10 PM
Registered

Bleeding or purging the line: Trace your hose from the pump back towards the seat find where the very last fitting is. With the fill tank at the full line have another person run the seat down and up. Than crack open the fitting and allow some fluid to run out and hopefully some air. Tighten the fittings and see if it helps. You may have to do it 3 or 4 times. CAUTION This hose will be under pressure wear some googles and have alot of rags handy and maybe some type of small tray to catch the spill. Check the actuator under the seat. Is it corroded at all?
Old 08-20-2012, 07:13 AM
Registered

thanks thats what I kind of thought just like brakes. Well I think I snapped the tank so will probably have to get a new one. Coming to the end of the season probably going to be a fall/spring project now but thanks for the help.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:06 AM
Registered

I appreciate that as well. I think that might help with mine dropping down as well. Thank You.