Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Fountains for Midgets only? >

Fountains for Midgets only?

Notices

Fountains for Midgets only?

Old 07-07-2012, 11:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know, I'll feel kinda foolish, like seeing a Porsche pulling a trailer with lawncare stuff in it. Just doesn't look right but I hate ski boats, quiet boats, short fat boats, just about anything appropriate for a family fun boat, they will just have to accommodate me not the other way around. Maybe I'll just get an old 16' Bayliner, strip it out clean, and pull that instead of a tube. Video that!
Old 07-07-2012, 11:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by dewayne6243
Buy a 47'
47' wont help I'm 6' and I'm too tall for my boat. I just got done running mine out here in San Diego today and my left arm and hand is cramped. I actully have to pull up on the thorttles then come under them a 3rd of the way to WOT.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:52 PM
Registered

Yeah, that's what worries me, throttling the boat down by my knees, like some of those old riding mowers where the throttle and shifter is down low on the side somewhere and you have to reach down to operate it, that's why I want to be able to sit down, so I can operate my boat like Reggie does standing up, now I just need to get a good wig, a black racing jacket, and a 22 pound gold chain with a Fountain emblem to hang on my neck!
Old 07-08-2012, 12:23 AM
Registered

I have the 29 with a single 500efi and wouldn't even try pulling anybody on a wakeboard or tube etc. the slowest I can keep my boat on plane is 34 mph
Old 07-08-2012, 06:05 AM
Registered

Received 328 Likes on 183 Posts

My wife who is Reggie's height says that the Fountain seats back, when standing in the bolster, hits her too low in the back and can not imagine being comfortable when riding in rough stuff in Lake Erie. She also doesn't like the shallow cockpit. Once told a salesman that she would keep her Velocity thank you very much.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 8 Posts

Are you serious about a fountain, or did you just sign up here to bash and make jokes that only you find funny?

Room/helm space is dangerous in a performance boat....they are made to be tight to hold you in there. You could buy a cruiser with an 8 way adjustable bench seat and telt helm, and spend the rest of your summer complaining about Reggie and how no one can fit in his boats but him.

The plus for you is boat construction is about as basic as it comes. If you truely decide you want changes made they are relatively simple for anyone that repairs glass and interiors. But my guess is you will adapt to the boat after a few times out, unless you are as hard to please as you come across on here. If that is the case, don't even buy a boat.....any boat.

I am 6 1 and have no isses at all with my boat. I can sit, stand, but the bent knee stance with my head right below the shield seems to work best for me.

Each boat manufacture seems to have a quality that others don't, but then they have a draw back to match it. Fountain owners know that plus of a fountain is "fast while still being one of the safest" and we don't care about the headroom, toilet size, or left hand controls....we learn to live with them
Old 07-08-2012, 11:21 AM
Registered

A little humor never hurt anyone, sorry if anyone out there is 5'4" or smaller, but everybody's got some kind of gifting, like being 5'4" and being able to buy any Fountain he wants, I am just angry because after 10 yrs of looking and dreaming I finally find the boat I truly want with the sophisticated, slippery hull, styling, length, profile, super solid construction, reputation, etc, and then I go and try the boat I want that I think is made for most adults and I feel like I'm sitting at my 4 yr old daughters little tea table and chairs! Like the guy above with a 47' he says same thing, you know if it's a performance boat designed to be tight and secure the average adult should be in a comfortable position to operate the damn thing--or then it does become a bit dangerous if you are throttling the rig down by your knees. I have had performance boats, I know the cabin is tight, they aren't made for skiing, camping, I'm just hoping to get what I want and do something for the kids, and a 29 is going to be at least a bit more roomy than a 23. If I wanted a family boat I never would have known about this site to begin with.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:50 AM
Registered

wiggler? IP ck
Old 07-08-2012, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

bstehling I am 6' 2" and when I had my 29 built I had Reggie and crew move the seat back 2 inches. When I tested the one at Fountain, Reggie made the comment that they were missing sales with tall people and right then and there made a call to look into moving the seats back. Buy the boat and take it to Fountain Performance Marine and have them fit it to you. Roger in NC
Old 07-08-2012, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 328 Likes on 183 Posts

"Learn to live with it"? No thanks.

I would rather find a boat that I don't need to "Learn to live with".

I think Fountains are great boats....just not what I want.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.