Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Fountains for Midgets only? >

Fountains for Midgets only?

Notices

Fountains for Midgets only?

Old 07-07-2012, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fountains seats for vertically challenged only?

Looked at a 29 Fevah, I'm 6' 3" and couldn't even begin to sit down in the driver's seat, love the boat but don't want to amputate my legs at the knees to be able to sit at the helm although I like driving standing, sometimes it's nice to sit and cruise. The seller told me they adjust but I could't see how with the seat molded and upholstered into the gunwale, any taller owners out there with a solution. Reggie can't be that Napoleonic to make his boats only fit vertically challenged , eh, he's got a wider customer base than that. Thanks!

Last edited by bstehling; 07-07-2012 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Missed a word
Old 07-07-2012, 10:15 AM
Registered

maybe the "Fevah" was a one-off rigged for so called "midgets?"
Old 07-07-2012, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm only 5'9" and will be happy to take a few inches off you if you feel you have some to spare! LOL The seat only "adjust" up or down, that's it. The 29' is an awesome boat but it isn't a big boat. You would feel more at home in a 47'. Down below on our 29' is tight even at my height.
Old 07-07-2012, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bstehling
Looked at a 29 Fevah, I'm 6' 3" and couldn't even begin to sit down in the driver's seat, love the boat but don't want to amputate my legs at the knees to be able to sit at the helm although I like driving standing, sometimes it's nice to sit and cruise. The seller told me they adjust but I could't see how with the seat molded and upholstered into the gunwale, any taller owners out there with a solution. Reggie can't be that Napoleonic to make his boats only fit vertically challenged , eh, he's got a wider customer base than that. Thanks!
Buy a 47'
Old 07-07-2012, 12:11 PM
Registered

Default Thanks for the answer

Yeah, I love the boat but I couldn't believe how tight it was, can't believe there wouldn't be customer complaints Reggie would have addressed. I'm going to try maybe one more time to see if I can work my knees down under or maybe cut a hole into the cabin--or sit in the rear bench and extend the steering column! Or if I go ahead and buy it, I will sell you my legs from the knees down, what's your blood type?
Old 07-07-2012, 01:42 PM
Registered

I am 6'6" in a 32 Fever that has the same cockpit. I love the feel of being snug in their. I cross my legs under the dash when I sit down and my legs are tight up under the padded dash rail. I thought I would hate it at first, but now it feels perfect and I love it. Kind of tight fitting, but it is great to feel snug fitting in rough water. I do stand and lean back 90% fo the time and raise the seat to touch the back of my legs while standing.
Old 07-07-2012, 03:44 PM
Registered

my 29 fever is fine and im 6,3 also ....
Old 07-07-2012, 04:11 PM
Registered

Default Phew!

Thanks guys, that's what I was looking to hear, I knew there had to be others out there taller than Reggie that bought Fountains, what is he anyway, like 5'4", and 6'3" I don't think is all that tall, 6'5" seem like the level where you don't start fitting in normal things. There's an "interiors" shop out in CA who specializes in performance boats, I am calling them to see if the seat can still be moved back 3 inches or so, that would be cheaper than the titanium U-joints I was going to replace my knees with. Another Q for you 29ers, I gotta please the wife and kids too, will the 29 be a good slalom ski boat? Just kidding, does it hold a low-speed plane slow enough to pull little ones on a tube or will I have to get a special aerodynamic tube with a windshield and seatbelts?
Old 07-07-2012, 08:15 PM
Registered

get a 29 with twil small blocks (will pull great) shorty i am 5.9
Old 07-07-2012, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't think the 29' Fever would make a great ski/tow boat. Mine has twins and while it gets out of the water just fine it really doesn't like going much under 34-38 m.p.h. A tube ride behind the Fountain...I'll take the video!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.