Notices

Sand!

Old 08-05-2012, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sand!

Anyone else have the problem of picking up sand?? seems like every time i get close to shore i clog my waterpressure line just pulled up to the sandbar today and it clogged agin I am very carful and it still dose it?? what is the deal anyone else have this prob? Mite be a dumb qustion but figured id throw it out there I no they like deep water but dosent seem like it should do it just pulling in to a beach i ancor out also prob 4 ft 5ft water outdrive all the way up. 27 fever 502mpi
Old 08-05-2012, 05:36 PM
Registered

It can be leftovers from your first time

Pull the fitting off of the block and run the motor some
Old 08-05-2012, 05:42 PM
Registered

I just did that with the hose off the block water pumps out very well im at o psi at idle and about 10_12 psi at 3500 rpm how do i flush the whole system? what should i check? thanks
Old 08-05-2012, 05:55 PM
Registered

disconnect from the gauge and the motor and run some air through the line. you might be surprised at what comes out
Old 08-05-2012, 06:03 PM
Registered

Did that also hose is clean water temp dosent really move but today when i lost water pressure temp went up to 150 its always down by 130 help me out guys what should i check i have water comming out exhaust when running off the hose????
Old 08-05-2012, 07:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by maine27
Did that also hose is clean water temp dosent really move but today when i lost water pressure temp went up to 150 its always down by 130 help me out guys what should i check i have water comming out exhaust when running off the hose????
You should definitely have water coming out of your exhaust while running that should go without saying. You might try flushing your whole system. On my engine I remove the oil cooler door and connect a garden hose to the water lines that go from your headers into your exhaust (connect from the exhaust side) so you can flush the entire system backwards. I use 2 hoses with a y valve to connect to a single garden hose. This is what Ilmor told me to do anyway. You might make sure that's correct for your engine but I would imagine it is. Also check your impeller and water pump housing. It's not hard to tear one up if your sucking up a lot of debris. Lastly a sea strainer probably wouldn't hurt either if your running in shallow water a lot. They might not stop all the sand but they will stop all the other stuff. I'm actually having one installed in my boat as we speak. Unfortunately I seem to get myself in shallow water every now and then so I've gotten a little familiar with these kinds of problems.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:21 PM
Registered

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

Check your power steering and oil coolers for small river pebbles like I show in this post.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/3727849-post14.html

When I pull in to a beach, I try to shut down the engine prior to hitting the sand. Then have someone push me out before starting.

Terry
Old 08-06-2012, 07:14 PM
Registered

big box under the motor all the hoses run to it before it goes to the pump is that the sea strainer?
Old 08-06-2012, 10:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by maine27
big box under the motor all the hoses run to it before it goes to the pump is that the sea strainer?

Not being able to see exactly what your talking about I'm going to guess that's your oil cooler. A sea strainer would normally have a sight glass so you could see inside of it and normally it's not directly under the engine either. Does it have a side that is removable? If it does than I'm probably right, it's your oil cooler. If your not sure follow your fresh water line. Assuming your water intake is from you outdrive there should be a water line coming from your transom assembly to your water pump then oil cooler, and then the rest of your systems like power steering, engine ect. To be honest at this point just to be on the safe side I would highly recommend that you don't run it anymore and just take it to your mechanic. Running your boat with a bad water system even for a little bit can cause SERIOUS damage quickly costing you thousands of dollars.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:24 PM
Registered

ya its there now hes gona check the pump and inpeller and the whole system thank for the help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.