Looking for a fountain >

Looking for a fountain

Notices

Looking for a fountain

Old 08-14-2012, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a fountain

Looking for a fountain 30+ in size at a fair price. Needing work is a plus but could be complete. I'll set the limit at 55k. But would prefer to redo one. I always loved the look of the fountain growing up. I want to make one my own now

Thanks
Old 08-15-2012, 07:24 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Nothing wrong with redoing something but make sure you call around and talk to some people about how much this actually cost. Assuming you get a 30+ which will have twins. The cost for an average reubild of 454's or 502's is probably going to cost you at least 10 grand and then another 5 grand for the drives, add some blue motors to the mix and and some beefed up drives you could probably double that number. Plus add in any interior repair or hull repair you could easily be into a 25-40k project. That doesnt leave you much to spend on the boat. I bought my boat two years ago and I have the receipt from the old owner for the rebuild of my two 454s and itwas 14 grand.

Nothing wrong with a rebuild but your would probably have to find an early 90's boat to late 80's to find one cheap enough to fit into your budget. With 55k you can easily find something ready to go thats probably a 98-2000
Old 08-15-2012, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by soldier4402
Nothing wrong with redoing something but make sure you call around and talk to some people about how much this actually cost. Assuming you get a 30+ which will have twins. The cost for an average reubild of 454's or 502's is probably going to cost you at least 10 grand and then another 5 grand for the drives, add some blue motors to the mix and and some beefed up drives you could probably double that number. Plus add in any interior repair or hull repair you could easily be into a 25-40k project. That doesnt leave you much to spend on the boat. I bought my boat two years ago and I have the receipt from the old owner for the rebuild of my two 454s and itwas 14 grand.

Nothing wrong with a rebuild but your would probably have to find an early 90's boat to late 80's to find one cheap enough to fit into your budget. With 55k you can easily find something ready to go thats probably a 98-2000
I reall didn't want to get into all that. Just meant looking for something that had some issues like interior paint wiring more simple stuff I don't want something that needs totally rebuilt just something I could add my own touch too
Old 08-15-2012, 08:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Adamcoover
I reall didn't want to get into all that. Just meant looking for something that had some issues like interior paint wiring more simple stuff I don't want something that needs totally rebuilt just something I could add my own touch too
Oh I see. I would look for a late 90s model in what you want and go from there. Problem is sometimes when somebody lets their interior go they let other things go as well. Keep in mind a tow vehicle. Fountains over 30ft come in 32, 35, 38, well older ones are 33ft. A 32ft boat I may tru towing with a 1/2 ton that is a new truck that can tow over 10k lbs not some old chevy. But anything 35ft and over plan on a 3/4 vehicle. Something to keep in mind. The cost to maintain and operate a diesel if its an every day driver is probably close to 30-40% a year than a 1/2 ton gas.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:26 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 8 Posts

With your limit at 55k I don't see why you would have to find a boat that needs work. This time of year, make some offers on a clean boat, you should have no prolem getting what you want. I just saw a 2000 42 staggered in the classifieds for $69k, and it looks clean. My friend bought his mechanically sound 1997 35 this time last year for $28k! He placed the interior and changed the paint colors, but he could have ran it as is, it wasn;t bad at all.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:37 AM
Registered

I agree no need to find a semi project. If your looking for something that you want to personalize any boat can be had to do that.

4Bus anybody you know wanting to dump a 35 for 28 in the area or your buddy let me know. lol
Old 08-15-2012, 10:50 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd let my near mint 32 go for $50k. Just needs gas.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:56 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 76 Likes on 48 Posts

i have my 33 currently on ebay. boat is mint and already redone. ready to go .. Tom

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fount...item27ca0fb5b5

Last edited by TomFTM; 08-15-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:08 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by soldier4402
I agree no need to find a semi project. If your looking for something that you want to personalize any boat can be had to do that.

4Bus anybody you know wanting to dump a 35 for 28 in the area or your buddy let me know. lol
He got it from the LOTO area last fall, think it was on boat trader for all of 3 hrs. Deal for sure, I'm just saying they are out there. Asking price means nothing in this market. Find someone that is not upside down and make an offer, this time of year they are looking at some big expenses to keep for the winter.