Whats a 2000 29' Fever Worth? >

Whats a 2000 29' Fever Worth?

Notices

Whats a 2000 29' Fever Worth?

Old 08-23-2012, 04:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats a 2000 29' Fever Worth?

I am thinking about purchasing a 2000 29' Fountain Fever with a 500 EFI Merc. with 60 hours sitting on an aluminum trailer. This boat is extremely clean like a 9.5 out of ten. What do you think its worth? I dont want to pay too much and right now we are about $5,000 apart.

Thanks

Ronnie
Old 08-24-2012, 08:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ronniels3
I am thinking about purchasing a 2000 29' Fountain Fever with a 500 EFI Merc. with 60 hours sitting on an aluminum trailer. This boat is extremely clean like a 9.5 out of ten. What do you think its worth? I dont want to pay too much and right now we are about $5,000 apart.

Thanks

Ronnie
Anyone?
Old 08-24-2012, 08:39 AM
Registered

I always base my offers off of NADA values, I typically dont give the high retail but try to make a fair offer inbetween low retail and high.keep in mind the trailer is not figured on the boat value on Nada it has a value of its own but i would guess aluminum used with brakes and good tires @$3000-$3500 is fair. The offer for the boat should be on the lower end of NADA due to the season being close to end for most, but be fair on the offer considering the trailer to.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Twice what it cost new, since they do not make Fountains anymore. LOL They are RARE now. I have a 95 29 with twins, if you are using it on a lake, you will enjoy it. Good luck with your purchase, sounds nice with low hours.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by msa4016@hotmail.
I always base my offers off of NADA values, I typically dont give the high retail but try to make a fair offer inbetween low retail and high.keep in mind the trailer is not figured on the boat value on Nada it has a value of its own but i would guess aluminum used with brakes and good tires @$3000-$3500 is fair. The offer for the boat should be on the lower end of NADA due to the season being close to end for most, but be fair on the offer considering the trailer to.
The average retail was about $39K and lets say the trailer is $3K to me thats around $42. He is asking $45.5. Not sure what to do. It is a super clean boat though I just dont want to overpay.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Look at the maintenance records. Things like the drive, shift, and tab indicator cables, bilge pumps, gimbal bearings in the drives, water pumps, tune-ups, upgraded stereo system, canvas, all of these items can add up to many thousands in a hurry, especially if you don't do your own work. Trailer? Condition of brakes? My last trip to the repair shop came with a 6k tab and all the work was pretty much just routine. Just anchor lines, other lines, fenders, flare kit were a grand. What all comes with the boat? Could be the extra bucks being asked is a bargain.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:43 AM
Registered

Received 58 Likes on 28 Posts

If it is in great shape I think that is a fair price, especially with such low hours.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not a bad deal if its clean,but thats really low hours did it sit or he just used it a few times a year? But its still a blue motor 29 at this point in its price range it will hold its value for a while.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wes Burmark
Look at the maintenance records. Things like the drive, shift, and tab indicator cables, bilge pumps, gimbal bearings in the drives, water pumps, tune-ups, upgraded stereo system, canvas, all of these items can add up to many thousands in a hurry, especially if you don't do your own work. Trailer? Condition of brakes? My last trip to the repair shop came with a 6k tab and all the work was pretty much just routine. Just anchor lines, other lines, fenders, flare kit were a grand. What all comes with the boat? Could be the extra bucks being asked is a bargain.
Bot is in new comdition. Only 60 hours. No dock lines, fenders, anchor etc.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Its not too much if it is what you want. If not let the NADA book purchase it. They own a lot of things and have unlimited buying power.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.