Question for y'all Fountain guys >

Question for y'all Fountain guys

Notices

Question for y'all Fountain guys

Old 12-31-2012, 04:17 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Reggie
I've owned a 27, then a 32, then a 35 ( loved it ) and now a 42.
The 35 was a drivers boat, very fun to drive, and a little tab or trim changed it a lot. The 42 we have now is staggered, and an awesome ride, never gets squirrlie etc... I am having a hard time backing into slips with the staggered motors.
Get into the lake alone and use one motor at a time with outdrive straight and turning left and right and see what it does. Do it over and over to develop the feel. 3 sessions like this I got it down.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I climbed through the 29', 35', 38' and 42' at the dealers in 2004. I had a 26' Chris Craft Stinger and wanted a seperate head, fridge, and a V birth that could be made up and left as is rather than having to take the bed apart each day. The 38' would have been my choice not that the 42 wasn't better. It all boiled down to cost and the truck that would be needed to tow it. What I liked better about the 38' over the 35' was a sink in the head, and more cabin room including headroom. The 42' is a fair sized boat weighing 2000 pounds more than the 38'. The 42' would require a pretty stout tow vehicle, one that could pull about 15,000#. The dealer said the 42' would be the boat to own if the water got rough. I would recommend going as big as you can afford.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:11 AM
Registered

Received 144 Likes on 58 Posts

Thanks everyone for the feedback, appreciate it!
Old 01-02-2013, 01:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just went for a 34 to a 42 fountain and wow!! i will not go back the ride is great it may be a liitle slower but it cruises at 50 mph no problem it tops out about 75 if i want to go faster add a little more power