Saddle tank question >

Saddle tank question

Notices

Saddle tank question

Old 01-01-2013, 04:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Saddle tank question

Has anyone been able to change the fuel sender in the saddle tanks of a 42 without pulling the tanks? I tried to pull the originals but they are too long. I guess they are junk so it would not matter to bend them but installing new ones would prove to be difficult without damage.
Any good tricks???
Old 01-23-2013, 03:25 AM
Registered

Any ideas?????
Old 01-24-2013, 02:30 PM
Registered

removing the tank would be more work than pulling the sender up and drilling a hole in the deck then repair the hole. the tanks are a real B to get out
Old 01-29-2013, 10:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Meshikinquah
Has anyone been able to change the fuel sender in the saddle tanks of a 42 without pulling the tanks? I tried to pull the originals but they are too long. I guess they are junk so it would not matter to bend them but installing new ones would prove to be difficult without damage.
Any good tricks???
Dude all I can say is if you pull the tanks, good luck! Mine were leaking so bad, the only way to get them out was to cut them into pieces. Its was a crazy ass job and I cannot tell you how many sawzaw blades we went thru... Nightmare!!
Old 02-01-2013, 12:37 AM
Registered

In no way am I pulling the saddle tanks out or do I want to cut a hole in my boat. I may just buy a new sender and try to flex it to get it in. I figure all I have to lose is the cost of a new sender since it does not work anyhow. I can always just reinstall the old one or a cap.