Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Changing windshield frame to stainless? >

Changing windshield frame to stainless?

Notices

Changing windshield frame to stainless?

Old 01-02-2013, 03:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Changing windshield frame to stainless?

The aluminum windshield frame on my 38EC is starting to show small signs of corrosion building under the white power coat. Plus the corrosion is making it difficult to slide the canvas snaps.

I decided rather than having my frame stripped and re-powder coated, to look into the possibility of replacing the aluminum frame with a stainless frame.

From what I've learned TAYLOR MADE provided the original aluminum frame to the Fountain factory. I contacted TAYLOR MADE and was told they can provide a custom stainless windshield frame if they have the original Fountain windshield part number (I'm looking into that). I was also told by Taylor that even if they have my original windshield frame part number, my original windshield may require modification.

I'm curious if any Fountain owners out there have swapped their aluminum windshield frame for stainless, and if so, was it necessary to modify your windshield?
Old 01-03-2013, 10:33 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think you will end up finding a part number as I think Fountain custom bends each frame. When I had mine apart, the port and starboard side frames where about 3/4" diference in length. I would consider removing the frame and sending it directly to Taylor Made so they can custom match and be assured it will fit your deck. Let me know how much you end up spending as it would be cool to have a stainless frame. The one on my 419 looks really great and its 18 years old. Good luck!!