Anyone know where I can get this part:
Thermostat Housing PN 847704A 1

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Mercruiser Part For 800SC-847704a1.jpg  
Old 12-09-2013, 09:27 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you ever find this part? I need 2 of them.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I did not, However a friend of mine gave me 2 of them mainly because he doesn't need them anymore. Doesn't need them anymore??? A bit of research and I have found, I (we) don't need them also I (we) don't even need the circulation pump anymore eather how bout that!

What engines are you running? I have found that Teague has a kit they put together for me for the low cost of $380.00 which I'm going to upgrade to have braided SS hose coverings. I just need to find someone who has removed theirs on the SC800's just to see what the differences are.

Now with that being said here a bit of a draw back. The 2 photos I have included here is of the thermo housing (which is not the exact one I'm getting but it is similar) which doesn't NOT have the holes for the temp sender or the over temp warning switch. Its also dose not have the 2 holes for the upper exhaust hoses which they want me to cap off or weld closed (I'm going to cap just in case) Teague Custom Marine says they can drill the holes in the housing for the senders and switches and time of purchase so that seems cool, but the one thing I still have to worry about is the Idle pulley it currently bolts through the old thermo housing hopefully that one hole will line up and I can move forward with this modification.

The 3rd pic is of my motors and the red arrows show which hoses and circulation pump get removed and the green arrows shows where they get capped.

I have 2 old thermo housings which are in very good condition and since I'm a triple I will be missing a 3rd so if this modification works for me, I wont be needing those housings anymore so if you don't want to modify yours will you be interested in these? keep in mind those are long discontinued parts nobody has them at all, later down the line you may have to modify. Teague Custom Marine has made a part that will work (So they say will find out)

More to come Thanks for the reply Talk to you soon.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]513940[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]513941[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]513942[/ATTACH]

Last edited by leonard; 12-09-2013 at 07:34 PM.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:06 AM
Registered
VIP Member

I have the 600SC motors and yes I would be interested i the two you have. The pictures did not come through also.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

[ATTACH=CONFIG]514008[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CON[ATTACH=CONFIG]514008[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]514009[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]514010[/ATTACH]FIG]514009[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]514010[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Mercruiser Part For 800SC-sany0061.jpg   Mercruiser Part For 800SC-tcm-1446dr.jpg   Mercruiser Part For 800SC-mag_water-pump.jpg  

Old 12-10-2013, 11:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

600SC's ok, How bad do you need them are they leaking, cracking. It looks like they wont have this motor done till January that's when I will find out if the modification works. FYI the housing I'm getting IS for a 600SC but there telling me it will work on the 800SC as well.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:47 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Mine are bad and can't be put back on. When I pulled the hose off half of it broke off. That bolt pattern looks wrong in the picture.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yes that picture is just a example of the one I'm getting. Your right that bolt pattern is way off. I'm going to check with Teague today and see if they can send me a pic of the actual one that there sending me, its not shown on their web site. So I guess yours look like my old one is the pic attached. One of my outputs to the lower exhaust was completely clogged and closed up but the engine never overheated or the pipes never discolored hence the reason why you just don't need all those extra hoses. I'll be in touch

[ATTACH=CONFIG]514020[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Mercruiser Part For 800SC-img_2136.jpg  
Old 12-13-2013, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I have 600sc blower systems on my engines that are not 600sc's. I been running the setup without using that extra support bolt for the tensioner arm, that originally goes through the thermostat housing. Ive had no issues there. Although, it looks a bit silly, so this winter I might fab up a cooler bracket for the tensioner arm.