2006 Lightning 38 stereo help >

2006 Lightning 38 stereo help

Notices

2006 Lightning 38 stereo help

Old 04-08-2013, 07:54 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Viperchad
I attempted to do so but I cannot get the panel off without unbolting the driver bolster! The damn plastic piece was put on before the seat and it keeps it from coming off!! Such a PITA. Wish I never would have started this stupid idea.
If you take the top of the back seat off, and the leg off the bolster, you can fish it out without removing the bolster. I remove mine all the time this way, my stereo amps are behind one panel.

Or, just remove the 4 bolts holding the bolster on through the hole in the cabinet. If you have a 5 year old that can turn a wrench they can stand in the gun whale for you
Old 04-09-2013, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I finally did it....took waay too long but ran wire threw both gun whales, across back seat storage and then used electricians tape to fish through the 1.5" hole running into cabin. What a stupid setup!!!! Kept some rope in there just in case I wanted to run RCA's and power cable later for subs. Don't plan on it anytime soon!!!!
Old 04-11-2013, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah I dont think fountain had stereos in mind when they set up their boats. I think I spent over 8 hours hooking mine up. the drill was getting very tempting after hour 4.