Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Pier57 must be doing gd >

Pier57 must be doing gd

Notices

Pier57 must be doing gd

Old 05-11-2013, 05:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No offense taken here but, we told the salesman up front we've never done this before, he offered no guidance at all. My wife was in the process of getting plane tickets when we got the e-mail. The contract fell through and we were never contacted, just happened to see it listed again without the "contract pending" on it. I had spoken with Scott in the past just inquiring about a boat, I don't believe for a minute he wouldn't have advised us how to proceed in the process from the beginning.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Have you make contact yet?
I pm'd Scott as he suggested, but I haven't heard back yet. I was contacted by greg by email, he said the fountain i was looking at was sold and I asked about the formula they had also and he said that one was sold also. I still see them listed for sale but they probably have not had time to remove the lisitngs. I am sure they do good business once they get going as many have stated on here. Just a different experience from my last 2 boat purchases. I listed my boat yesterday on here for sale if it sells i will buy a bigger one if it doesnt i will enjoy what i have it's a win win for me either way.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TOMMY22555
I pm'd Scott as he suggested, but I haven't heard back yet. I was contacted by greg by email, he said the fountain i was looking at was sold and I asked about the formula they had also and he said that one was sold also. I still see them listed for sale but they probably have not had time to remove the lisitngs. I am sure they do good business once they get going as many have stated on here. Just a different experience from my last 2 boat purchases. I listed my boat yesterday on here for sale if it sells i will buy a bigger one if it doesnt i will enjoy what i have it's a win win for me either way.
Neil,

I will call you before lunch on Monday.

Regards,

Scott
Old 05-12-2013, 09:54 AM
Registered

Default I liked Pier 57

Two years ago I was the winning bid on ebay for a 29 fever while deployed to the sandbox. After returning home and making the trip to Counce Tn. from Maryland. I was met by true southern hospitality. JayJay was a wealth of great information. The whole staff bent over backwards to take the boat out for a spin, the sale, get the rig ready for the return trip etc etc. If I ever decide to move up in class I will start with Pier 57.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:32 PM
Registered

I have done some business with Scott and his crew. There is not another dealer on the planet that I would recommend. They sold my last boat for me and it was a very smooth and seamless transaction. Although I did not purchase my current boat from them (private party acquisition) I would not hesitate to go back if they have what I want. I am on there website weekly! Scott if you see this post and I don't like this twin step top gun it will be coming your way!

Brett from Medina Ohio
Old 05-12-2013, 08:54 PM
Registered

Although I don't agree what Shogren and Wyatt did to the other Fountain dealers selling boats in other dealers territory (with the help of Wyatt) back in the day I don't have anything bad to say about Scott in todays world. I have looked at boats that he has had forsale and although I haven't bought anything as of yet he has been more than helpful with me on the boats that I have had interest in,for the owner to even come out and spend some time answering questions and emailing me with updates on certain boats that right there impressed me. Thanks Scott
Old 05-12-2013, 09:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had a few causual converstations with Greg over the last few years about different boats. He has always gotten back to me.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:52 AM
Registered

Scott is the only person I know in the business that I would wire several $100,000.00 to and never worry about it.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:33 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I worked a deal with scott a year or so ago, the guy was quick to responding and seemed knowledgeable. We couldnt come to deal though. back story in a round about way i knew what it was traded in for, but I guess they didnt like the profit margin. Needless to say the boat sold 6 months later at the price I was asking.

But no harm no foul thats business, Im not upset with them. Unfortuantely Im probably not in the market for a different boat for a few years, but I would try scott again.

Last edited by soldier4402; 05-13-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

As many have said before. Scott, Greg and the entire Pier57 team run a top notch company. I've dealt with them on several deals and been very happy with them. I can promise you that he takes his business very serious. He is constantly on the phone, emails all hours of the day and night. They know who pays their bills....us...the customer. Give them another shot...