Pier57 must be doing gd >

Pier57 must be doing gd

Notices

Pier57 must be doing gd

Old 05-09-2013, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Pier57 must be doing gd

Called 3 times to try and buy a boat they have on website and no one has called back. I wish i could turn away business like that.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TOMMY22555
Called 3 times to try and buy a boat they have on website and no one has called back. I wish i could turn away business like that.
I'll never understand how people can do business like that!
Old 05-09-2013, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 8 Posts

Sadly it seems to be the norm in our industry. Most places in our area spend the winter moving at a snails pace, complaining about the customer base, then when the weather breaks and the flood gates open with new business half is lost because they can't get serviced.

I will say from here, Pier 57 looks appealing, we have nothing like it in our area.....barely anything like it left on the planet. I know a few that have delt with them when they were Shogren, and left very pleased.

3 calls is unacceptable IMO, however....it is that time of year. Keep trying, I get the feeling it is probably worth the effort based on their realistic sale prices and competitive trade in $$.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:57 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 4bus
Sadly it seems to be the norm in our industry. Most places in our area spend the winter moving at a snails pace, complaining about the customer base, then when the weather breaks and the flood gates open with new business half is lost because they can't get serviced.
Agree - happens in other business too but nothing like in the marine industry.

If I have a project team that has been ebbing for a little while, takes them some time to snap out of it when things start flowing again.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:57 PM
JB Marshall
Gold Member

Had the same experience when I contacted them last fall, was told someone would contact me and never did, then sent email and still never heard back. It's unbelievable and it's not only in the boating industry.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:00 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 28 Posts

keep trying.. I bought my 25 outlaw from them a few years ago and they were great!!!

They were more than willing to help me navigate state laws and tax regs also to make sure I was taking advantage of every cost savings options!!

If they would have had the boat i wanted this time, I would have definitely driven another 1000 miles that way instead of toward Va.!!
Old 05-09-2013, 04:13 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

They haven't always been that way. Is David Woods still the owner? I bought my Donzi from them in '05 and can't speak highly enough of them. I know there have been some changes though when they merged with Shogen.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought my top gun fall of '10 from shogrens at the time.very professional and easy to deal with.i never had an issue contacting them.ashley even messaged me on fb to get me on the cigarette meet in destin and followed up after the sale.i was very impressed
Old 05-09-2013, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wait till you use theire service dept . never again . that's all I have to say .
Old 05-09-2013, 05:35 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

make sure that if they "claim" anything.. you make for certain it is valid ---- for example, when i purchased the gladiator with "fresh" motors, only to have them grenade within a couple hours of run time!!!!!

i have had conversations with several folks here that just took it on the chin and have moved on. one particular has bought several boats from them (david woods) thereafter. do not understand that????

don't get me wrong.... woods is a GREAT guy. but, when it comes to making a profit or doing the right thing..... regardless of the reasoning and excuses. my experience showed mea level of integrity that came as a complete surprise and disappointment!!!!!

insult to injury --- sjogren tried to make it right, when he didn't even have a dog in the fight, as he got involved with pier57 after this occurred, and scott told me david said that if scott "made it right" (my words), it would be mud on wood's face, forcing scott's hand. glad i don't have other "friends" like that. one was MORE THAN enough :-) lesson learned.

joe pandak

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.