sorta good day on the lake.... >

sorta good day on the lake....

Notices

sorta good day on the lake....

Old 05-12-2013, 01:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sorta good day on the lake....

Went to Possum Kingdom today. Had a great time, up until my port side starter decided it was going to take the rest of the day off. while idling back to the ramp, I got buzzed by a
P-51. excuse the finger in the frame, I was A)trying as fast as I could to get the shot, and B)trying not to jizz in my pants at the sight of it. This was his second pass over us, the first one, I could have sworn I could have jumped up a reasonable distance and smacked the superchager intake. In the pic, he was in the middle of giving us a "wing waggle" salute after he turned back around. There isn't anything better that the sound of a Rolls Royce Merlin v12.
Old 05-12-2013, 01:35 AM
Registered

http://postimg.org/image/5l0dmkw7v/

pic didn't post, here's the link....
Old 05-12-2013, 08:12 AM
Registered

super cool
Old 05-20-2013, 01:02 PM
Registered

How was the lake level there? We are about to get ours out for the season. Any ramps to stay away from? Our boat is a 38 lightning and this is our first season with it. Awesome pic by the way!
Old 05-20-2013, 11:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tsatrooper1
How was the lake level there? We are about to get ours out for the season. Any ramps to stay away from? Our boat is a 38 lightning and this is our first season with it. Awesome pic by the way!
My friends and family always use south D & D, they just extended the ramp over the winter. It might be a tight fit for your 38 to turn around and get it down the ramp, but it might work. You might want to scout ahead just in case. The water level is a little low, but we didn't run into any issues outside of mechanical ones. The issue with my boat turned out to be a little more than the starter, one of the manifolds on the port motor decided to give out, and hydrolocked the motor. That's why the starter wouldn't kick it over. Just finished installing some new manifolds to get me through the season so I can upgrade later. .

We are headed to Texoma this holiday weekend, meeting several go fast boats there, if you feel like making a road trip.

Last edited by txtraveller2002; 05-20-2013 at 11:47 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:59 PM
Registered

Oouch! Well hope you have better luck. I just finshed building one motor and one drive so I need to work all the bugs out of mine. Ill do a little investigating on the ramp situation. Thanks. Texoma is a ton of fun. Haven't been since my wakeboarding days---islands!-- Im looking forward to some seat time in this thing since its my first go fast. Thanks for the invite. Just might try to get up that way, if all goes well with the sea trial!
Old 05-21-2013, 11:45 PM
Registered

Congrats on the new boat then! You can shoot me a PM if you decide to hit Texoma with us, and I'll send you my #. We will probably head out Friday afternoon, be on the water around 6 0r 7, then hit it early saturday.