07 35 Lightnin - Mercury System View Issues >

07 35 Lightnin - Mercury System View Issues

Notices

07 35 Lightnin - Mercury System View Issues

Old 05-13-2013, 03:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 35 Lightnin - Mercury System View Issues

Maybe someone can help me - just got the boat last week and was putting it through the paces this past weekend and the Smartcraft Monitor isn't acting the way I think it should. I'm new to the system with this boat so it could be operator error, but I don't have any manuals, etc. I called Mercury and when I described the screen he told me it was a SC5000 System View; it's not the newer style color Vessel View with all the various buttons. It's a monchromatic display and the only buttons are 4 arrows, enter button in the middle of the arrows, and home button onthe bottom.

When I downloaded the SC5000 manual from the internet, the physical unit looks correct but the screens are nowhere near what mine look like - was this unit available with different software, like the "Race Edition" of the more current Vessel View monitor? The boat still has the original staggered 600SCi power package.

What's happening is that no matter what screen template I choose, after a couple of seconds the unit reverts back to the trim position screen with the two propellers on it. Mercury also told me they don't support that system anymore and if I wanted to upgrade to the Vessel View display it is larger and wouldn't fit.

Maybe someone could point me in the right direction with some more knowledge or a manual on how to navigate the setup. Thanks.