Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
2006ish owners...need help. Fuel tank ? >

2006ish owners...need help. Fuel tank ?

Notices

2006ish owners...need help. Fuel tank ?

Old 05-30-2013, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006ish owners...need help. Fuel tank ?

Guys is there a cross over valve somewhere in the boat for left and right tanks? Or are they specific to each side? Need to find that valve if so..where is it?
Old 05-30-2013, 11:46 AM
Registered

Has separate tanks for each engine, makes fueling up a pain in the azz
Old 05-30-2013, 12:15 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

One tank one engine, there are fuel shut off valves in the bilge for each tank, should be on the outside stringers, least mine are.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:06 PM
Registered

Found those. So no other valve to marry the tanks or just suck from one?
Old 05-30-2013, 07:05 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Nope, not on a Fountain... or an MTI for that matter! lol
Old 05-31-2013, 12:07 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gofastlvr
Nope, not on a Fountain... or an MTI for that matter! lol
knda weid thing my starboard motor always uses more fuel than the port motor. Maybe cause i always start that one first
Old 05-31-2013, 06:48 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mcprodesign
knda weid thing my starboard motor always uses more fuel than the port motor. Maybe cause i always start that one first
Mine is the same way, sometimes up to 7 gallons at fill up. I am thinking that motor is working a little harder. Personally I don't care that they are not linked, never seems to be an issue.

And FYI Viper chad, 1/4 tank is about 10 gallons, 1/8 of a tank means you have about 30 more seconds of run time. I have tried adjusting the sending units, the shape of the tanks are the culprit.

Last edited by 4bus; 05-31-2013 at 06:50 AM.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 4bus
Mine is the same way, sometimes up to 7 gallons at fill up. I am thinking that motor is working a little harder. Personally I don't care that they are not linked, never seems to be an issue.

And FYI Viper chad, 1/4 tank is about 10 gallons, 1/8 of a tank means you have about 30 more seconds of run time. I have tried adjusting the sending units, the shape of the tanks are the culprit.
check out my new steering wheel
Old 06-01-2013, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

My fill ups are 2 to 5 gallons different. A couple years ago it creeped up and eventually hit 9+ gallons different so I sent the injectors in. One would go full flow above idle. I replaced it and cleaned the others and now I'm back to 2-5 gallons different at fill up.

Steering wheel looks sweet. The first things I changed were the wheel and cup holders. I see you're holding out on the cup holders. What's with the original white wheels? Maybe in a 71 Camaro but not my boat.

Headed out boating in a few. It's supposed to hit 67F lol
Old 06-04-2013, 11:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 1 MAIDEN AMERICA
My fill ups are 2 to 5 gallons different. A couple years ago it creeped up and eventually hit 9+ gallons different so I sent the injectors in. One would go full flow above idle. I replaced it and cleaned the others and now I'm back to 2-5 gallons different at fill up.

Steering wheel looks sweet. The first things I changed were the wheel and cup holders. I see you're holding out on the cup holders. What's with the original white wheels? Maybe in a 71 Camaro but not my boat.

Headed out boating in a few. It's supposed to hit 67F lol
All that cool air will get you mph lol. I hit 98 in 70 degrees. Then did some work and hit 97 in 85 degrees.. lol!! I would be 3 mph faster if it was still 70 ! That puts me closer to you .. lol.. I still got more stuff to do . I think I will be at 101 in 70 degree air when it is all said and done. Are you going to head to the loto shootout this year? It is gonna be a blast. 25th annaversary...