Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
94 32 Fever deadrise, rough water? >

94 32 Fever deadrise, rough water?

Notices

94 32 Fever deadrise, rough water?

Old 06-13-2013, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default 94 32 Fever deadrise, rough water?

I'm sorry to be such a pain asking so many questions about the 32 fever but it is a boat I'm seriously considering and want to cover my bases. Thanks to all who respond and tolerate my questions.
I heard the 94 32 fever has a fairly shallow deadrise and is a rough ride in rough water. I read the postings from all of you who have or had one and loved them and would like to know if you have a fact on the deadrise and opinion on rough water ride.
Thanks in advance!
Old 06-13-2013, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't believe the dead rise is any different than a 35, freeboard is rather shallow especially around the back bench. I'm 6'5 & have never felt uncomfortable driving mine. It may not be the greatest riding 32ft boat, but certainly isn't a rough ride.
Old 06-14-2013, 05:29 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hay with a name like that the ride should be fine,I have a 96 and I am 67 years young and I think you will be hard pressed to find a faster boat out there and they look great. mine ran 89 last year and now has 200 more hp this year can't wait to run it in some good chop.
Rich
Old 06-15-2013, 09:22 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]502610[/ATTACH]I Also like my 96 single step 32 fountain. I'm 53 years young and plan to hit 90gps this year( done 86gps). I have a set of bravo one 30P merc labbed coming next week. R Cuny what props and HP are you using?
Attached Thumbnails 94 32 Fever deadrise, rough water?-2013-05-18-11.54.30.jpg  
Old 06-15-2013, 11:10 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Glen I ran last year 5oo hp each with bravo 30 pitch 89 5600rpm this year we will see what happens with 612 each hope to get it out monday for a test ride.
Rich
Old 06-16-2013, 09:42 AM
Registered

I had a 1998 for 10 years, it took me about 3 years to really learn how to drive it. Had no one to teach me about how to use the K planes. the boat would handle 4' plus waves with no problem with drives at 2 and tabs at 4, no jumping out of the water at a steady 40-45 mph.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RICHARD CUNY
Hay with a name like that the ride should be fine,I have a 96 and I am 67 years young and I think you will be hard pressed to find a faster boat out there and they look great. mine ran 89 last year and now has 200 more hp this year can't wait to run it in some good chop.
Rich
Whiplash comes from my offshore racing days and over the years I've had my share of whiplash in poker runs!. I have a 25 checkmate right now and some of the poker runs lately are beating me up. That's why I'm looking for the bigger boat that can have the speed and handle rougher water. I don't need the fastest boat but want to be able to have more speed and handle rougher water than I can now.
There's no denying these boats look good, run fast and are well made but I ask a lot of questions and do a lot of research into my purcheses.
Glen George- I like the ladder you have on your swim platform. Did you put that on? If so what make and model is it, where did you get it and how much effort to install?
Thanks to all who reply. I may be one of you soon!
Old 06-16-2013, 09:12 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put the swim steps on. Bought on ebay. Standard SS marine. Climbing on the tie bar was dangerous. I also had a 253 checkmate before the fountain. We joke now at crossing wakes or waves that would had us holding on with dear life in the checkmate. Now we slice right through. See: ....center of gravity..... post here in the fountain form.

Last edited by glen george; 06-16-2013 at 09:16 PM.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:31 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Whiplash I have learned to put tabs down as necessary for the chop and these boats can take big water and not even get you wet.

Rich