27 496ho speed >

27 496ho speed

Notices

27 496ho speed

Old 07-30-2013, 05:35 PM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by littlereggie 572
As far 90mph's 27's yes with engine technology, some drive work the right prop... And a knowledgeable driver not a problem...
The problem is the water... Need right water conditions to run a 27 @ 90mph
Only under perfect conditions & the right people in my boat... It's about the only time I get to open my boat up these days...
Lets face it the only time another boat roll up next to you, and both of the boats start leaning on the throttles
Is NEVER when it's just me and my buddy with 1/4 tank of fuel
Lol
I always have 5 to 6 people and full tank (full cooler) and my girl screaming at me to slow down and stop driving like a ...
Well you know
I think real world conditions should always be considered. A. Im not sure why anyone would ever leave the dock with 1/4 tank of fuel, especially with how in accurate the fuel gauges can be on boats. B. Who the hell boats alone!!!! I always have 4+ people on my boat every time I take it out. C. The water is going to dictate to a 27 foot performance boat how fast it will be going. Flat calm im sure there are many, many 27 fevers that will do 80 mph. In 3-4 footers unless you enjoy breaking drives and slamming into the rough water then you wont be going 80. I have never personally rode in a 27 fever but as a fountain owner I am sure they flat out fly. .
Old 07-31-2013, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My fuel gauge shows full until a 1/4 full and then it shows half a tank. If the needle bounces it is time to get gas. My boat is on a large fresh water lake, Lake Lanier. If I really wanted to go very fast very often I would start with a 35 not a 27. If the boat gets loose at 90 and hooks a turn you and your passengers could end up dead. I don't think a 27 is the right boat to go 90 in. Even under perfect conditions you could always hit a boat wake.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:02 PM
Registered

In all honesty I think there is more of a chance of spinning a big fountain that a 27 any day. I am happy with the way this boat runs so far for sure. I will be blue printing the bottom over the winter and doing some minor mods and am shooting for 72mph in the spring. Hard work pays off and I believe my goal will be achieved. Then we will be putting in a 525 and shooting for 80mph!!!!
Old 07-31-2013, 09:01 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

90 in a 27 would be a ride you would have to handle, drive. Hell my 32 is light at 70. We all have the addiction, need for speed. If thats your goal, slap some power to it or add a box and shorty, learn the boat more. Be safe, only take those risks with your self or maybe another person on the boat in the right conditions. I am personally happy that we didn't put the 750's in this 32, it would be more then a handfull. Like everyone else has said, 66-68 is about right, you have a GOOD RELIABLE boat. Little Reggie how in the hell you boat with that many people on your boat LOL. I would go insane, there are no room on these damn things. Hahahaha

John jr
Old 08-01-2013, 06:29 AM
Registered

Let me just be clear... I said with enough money, and the technology out there you can do about any thing to a boat now a days (90+) lol
I'm not... And have no desire to go that fast in a 27...
I have good power in my boat and run 1 size smaller prop than I should. For a couple of reasons
The drive .... Put a big wheel on it torque it up, with big HP and watch the fire works
Speed... Keep me in check ...

As far as 6 people on littlereggie ... I put 3 girls in the back seat, 1 in pass seat (one standing in the middle) ***sorry about your luck ***
I don't go car with 6 people ... Just around the corner and hang out on a island alll day, that means get off the boat and get in the water lol

I think if you got a 27 and top speed is between 70-75mph your doing goooooood!
Old 08-01-2013, 07:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 861 Likes on 400 Posts

Jimmy Valakos 27 foot fountain (Grand rapids area Mi) runs 97-99 mph with a normally aspirated motor, I don't know if he ever comes on here but he is a renowned head porter, even has a special dart casting done for him for marine use so I have to imagine he's making some hp, he's a nice enough guy to talk to. I can tell you it has a extension box on it and he has remounted his trim tabs square to the water. He has built quite a few race motors professionally and has been in the boat scene for quite a while so he probably got a few hull tuning tips from the right people. His website is half ass but here is a link:
http://valakoraceheads.com/index.html
When my Baja only ran high 89-91 mph I was racing a guy and had him blow past both of us with a good 10 mph on us at Hot boat weekend , FWIW, Smitty
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/members/jimv.html

Last edited by articfriends; 08-01-2013 at 07:28 PM.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:05 AM
Registered

He has a YouTube video...
Scary ride at that speed ...
Old 08-02-2013, 08:26 AM
Registered

what is the youtube link?
Old 08-02-2013, 10:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by CraneHillFast
what is the youtube link?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_8c5tyH9VE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOPeG1PxpZM
Old 08-02-2013, 01:23 PM
Registered

http://youtu.be/tOPeG1PxpZM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.