Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Looking for advice on Fountain 27' or 29' >

Looking for advice on Fountain 27' or 29'

Notices

Looking for advice on Fountain 27' or 29'

Old 10-01-2013, 10:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one of the cleanest 27' Fountain fevers out their!! It is for sale in the oso classifieds and has under 300 hours on the total boat @179 on new blower motor.99 stepped hull,notched transom,and keel pad!! Loaded under 30 G's
Old 10-01-2013, 10:53 AM
Registered

I was in the same boat looking at a 27 vs. a 29. The 27 (Fever) was in excellent shape but had only one engine. The 29 (Spitfire) was in good shape but need a rubb out and a good cleaning. It had twin 454's which I was looking for. The 27 was of 1996 vintage while the 29 was 1988. I elected tp go with the 29 due to the twin engines.

I am retired and had time on my hand to clean and polishe the boat. I have a photo history of the upgrades and cleaning done. I spnet nearly $1500 dollars and decomissioning, recomissioning, oil changes and registration fees, insurance etc. I spent another 1200 -1500 dollars on itme for the boat/trailer. I bought a random ordit buffer to polish the hull and decks. Since I did not have any of the manual to the electronic aboard, I replaced it with new (GPS Chart/Plotter, GPS VHF Radio and new sound system).electronics. The compass was damaged and not working so that was another item. I replace the blower motors since they were really noisey. Everything was gone ove and cleaned, repaired or replaced. THe summer wernt by like a flash and we go to use the boat twice so far.

I am happy with my choice and it is the boat that I wanted in style and looks. My previous boat was an outboard (Wellcraft V20 with 175 Merc). I spent a great deal of time with my dad on that boat. I wanted a something a little faster and larger. I may have gone overboard but it looks good so far.

I. am having problems with getting the boat in and out of the watrer. They weight is more than I am used to. Also, at sea, I have not yet gone WOT due to choppy conditions of Lake Ontario. I have had the boat up to 55 mph and looks like it will way faster. However, lack of drive time on the boat keeps me from trying it on choppy water.

There were many factors that led me to my boat. I wish you luck and hope you get a boat that you are happy with.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by fknitis
I was in the same boat looking at a 27 vs. a 29. The 27 (Fever) was in excellent shape but had only one engine. The 29 (Spitfire) was in good shape but need a rubb out and a good cleaning. It had twin 454's which I was looking for. The 27 was of 1996 vintage while the 29 was 1988. I elected tp go with the 29 due to the twin engines.

I am retired and had time on my hand to clean and polishe the boat. I have a photo history of the upgrades and cleaning done. I spnet nearly $1500 dollars and decomissioning, recomissioning, oil changes and registration fees, insurance etc. I spent another 1200 -1500 dollars on itme for the boat/trailer. I bought a random ordit buffer to polish the hull and decks. Since I did not have any of the manual to the electronic aboard, I replaced it with new (GPS Chart/Plotter, GPS VHF Radio and new sound system).electronics. The compass was damaged and not working so that was another item. I replace the blower motors since they were really noisey. Everything was gone ove and cleaned, repaired or replaced. THe summer wernt by like a flash and we go to use the boat twice so far.

I am happy with my choice and it is the boat that I wanted in style and looks. My previous boat was an outboard (Wellcraft V20 with 175 Merc). I spent a great deal of time with my dad on that boat. I wanted a something a little faster and larger. I may have gone overboard but it looks good so far.

I. am having problems with getting the boat in and out of the watrer. They weight is more than I am used to. Also, at sea, I have not yet gone WOT due to choppy conditions of Lake Ontario. I have had the boat up to 55 mph and looks like it will way faster. However, lack of drive time on the boat keeps me from trying it on choppy water.

There were many factors that led me to my boat. I wish you luck and hope you get a boat that you are happy with.
Pretty sure the 29 you have is a different model than what is discussed here. I believe you have a pre molded swim platform 8.8meter which later became the 32 with the platform
Old 10-01-2013, 11:53 AM
Registered

Pretty sure the 29 you have is a different model than what is discussed here. I believe you have a pre molded swim platform 8.8meter which later became the 32 with the platform

I do not have a swim platform at all. The Spitfire is actual an 8.8 Meter boat. I do not have a 29 foot Fever.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LKNCOBALT
Cornelius. I notice you have a 29? How do you like having it on the lake?
I love it and have done a lot of poker runs with it
Old 10-01-2013, 08:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 254 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by kickin32
get a 29 the cockpit has more room and a great all around boat
agreed!!
Old 10-02-2013, 07:15 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is really the information that I was seeking. Thank you all. I may try and hold out for a 29 due to the interior space, as advised. However, I'd probably take a hard look at the right 27 if it came available. I will try and pursue the newest one I can afford. I really want a stock motor that is reliable, as I like to go out in the evenings..... Not that I don't appreciate everyone's bad a** modded big blocks! The best part of all of your comments is..... Everyone is super happy with their Fountains!
Old 10-02-2013, 07:17 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by eddie
I have a customer with a 2002 29 Fountain with 500 EFI with 44 original hours on a trailer that's not listed. If I can help just let me know.
Eddie. I will be sure to give you a call as soon as I get prepared to make a purchase. Thanks for the info.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:13 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Get a 29', you won't be disappointed.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:35 AM
Registered

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

The 2000 27' Fever in the classifieds (KY) is one of the cleanest Fevers I have seen for the year. The guy really takes care of his stuff. We boat with them a lot, and it is a VERY dependable, excellent condition boat.

Originally Posted by LKNCOBALT
This is really the information that I was seeking. Thank you all. I may try and hold out for a 29 due to the interior space, as advised. However, I'd probably take a hard look at the right 27 if it came available. I will try and pursue the newest one I can afford. I really want a stock motor that is reliable, as I like to go out in the evenings..... Not that I don't appreciate everyone's bad a** modded big blocks! The best part of all of your comments is..... Everyone is super happy with their Fountains!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.