Notices

Nice boat

Old 12-02-2013, 10:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by grapeape93
seems too cheap for a 500 efi boat. just saying. I would really question why its so cheap.
15 years old and no trailer, still a good deal though.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:55 AM
Registered

I have the Identical boat! The only difference are the motors. I have 502 efi's with a set of hydro 26 4 blades and the boat runs high 70's. Some of the issues that I found when buying the boat last winter was moisture on the port side of the bulkhead in front of the motors which was not very big and didn't sound delaminated. also the bulkhead that is under the cabin step was getting bad directly under the cabin door (this is common). Not a deal breaker just was able to get a little more money off the price. I am doing the bulkhead under the cabin step myself. If you are thinking of buying make sure you get a certified mechanic to do a compression test. The marina that THe boat was stored did a compression test on my boat and said that the strb motor had low compression in one cylinder I did my own compression test after starting the boat up after being winterized and found that all 16 were within 10 pounds of each other but I didn't tell them that!

Overall the boat is great! If you are looking for speed and a stable ride it does a great job. I got bashed for buying a Fountain buy some of my buddies but I love it!
Old 12-03-2013, 07:59 AM
Registered

Old 12-03-2013, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

simon I think I seen u up at ki last year a few times if it was u it is a nice looking boat. I am not a big fountain fan but don't bash any one with a boat. if I see ya up there again this summer lets have a beer. I also think I see your boat at cedar point too I dock there.