New 500 EFIs being built by Potter Performance >

New 500 EFIs being built by Potter Performance

Notices

New 500 EFIs being built by Potter Performance

Old 08-06-2014, 10:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spicy
congrats with the new power... My Potter powered 39' Cigarette running strong and having a great turn key summer!!!

Good to you from you sir and thank you! We are running fabulous! Awesome Power and running smooth as a Rolex.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TooLateVTEC
Awesome to hear Lucky, right down to the washing.

Now...uh.....wheres the VIDEO ?????

=D
Im going to do the video. I want to get her broke in and re propped first. I want to put the real deal on video if you know what I mean. Already I have just mashed her for a few seconds she shows in the mid 80s and turning something like 5500. All three times I have leaned on her a little she has been still climbing big time when I backed out
it's incredibly strong. I went out Saturday with just the wife and I and we only took a bottle of water. We had maybe a half of a tank of fuel. Then Sunday I took 4 people and a cooler full of ice and beer plus 200 gallons of fuel. Nothing was different. Out of the hole my midrange cursing speed and the top end was the same. So the big torque certainly showed its self.

Last edited by Lucky1456; 08-06-2014 at 11:10 PM.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by buck35
Like I said before, good things come to those who wait. Enjoy! Boat safe.
You said a mouth full. For the most part I'm very impatient. But from now on I'm going to work at just chilling out. Its been well worth every minute of waiting. I would wait all over again for the results I got. Incredible!
Old 08-06-2014, 11:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatnt
so do you not have exhaust rattle anymore?
The exhaust rattle is gone as well. We just needed to get the tails out past the hump in the platform. We ended up using a set of flappers that are made by Harden Marine. These go over the end of the tips and have a bolt to tighten on the bottom instead of the top. These added another 3 inchs to the over all length. I haven't taken a pictures of those yet. Ill do that in the morning and post those on the tread. With out those we could have used flappers at all because there wasn't enough room for the bolt to be on the top. You will see what I mean once you see the pictures.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:26 PM
Registered

I have a few more pictures to post to the thread tomorrow.
Old 08-07-2014, 01:57 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucky1456
Im going to do the video. I want to get her broke in and re propped first. I want to put the real deal on video if you know what I mean. Already I have just mashed her for a few seconds she shows in the mid 80s and turning something like 5500. All three times I have leaned on her a little she has been still climbing big time when I backed out
it's incredibly strong. I went out Saturday with just the wife and I and we only took a bottle of water. We had maybe a half of a tank of fuel. Then Sunday I took 4 people and a cooler full of ice and beer plus 200 gallons of fuel. Nothing was different. Out of the hole my midrange cursing speed and the top end was the same. So the big torque certainly showed its self.
I know 100% what you mean, I was just giving you a hard time, haha.

Glad the boats doing well, good luck on the prop search and cant wait to hear it.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Jake
Good to hear Lucky. Now you can enjoy your boat more than before.
Jake you get around Sarasota let me know we will take it out in the bay. Let you see what's its about in person.
Old 08-08-2014, 04:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lucky1456
Jake you get around Sarasota let me know we will take it out in the bay. Let you see what's its about in person.
Thanks for the offer Norm, but I'm a 4 Season person. Been to Florida several times and I don't think I'll go back. Love the Adirondacks and the way of life. Even when we get 2'-3' of snow and it's -20°. Just throw another log on the fire.
If you ever head this way give me a shout, Free room and board and I'll show you how to cut, split and stack Firewood. LOL
Old 08-08-2014, 06:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Jake
Thanks for the offer Norm, but I'm a 4 Season person. Been to Florida several times and I don't think I'll go back. Love the Adirondacks and the way of life. Even when we get 2'-3' of snow and it's -20°. Just throw another log on the fire.
If you ever head this way give me a shout, Free room and board and I'll show you how to cut, split and stack Firewood. LOL
Thank You sir. I may take you up on that sometime. Being from Maryland I understand the dynamics of cutting splitting and stacking fire wood so it season's. Im an old commercial fisherman and a ex hunting guide. Ive lost my edge to kill things any more so that's out. However I like the idea of bringing the boat to a lake that's a couple hundred miles long to ride around on so I guess we never know. If I do I will be looking you up. I moved here so I could use my boat most of all year around. My profession I could do any were in the world so that never keeps me in spot thank god. I'm in search of a GO camera for the boat now. I want to shoot that video. Maybe I will buy one this weekend some were.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lucky, a company called Astak Action Pro makes a camera real similar to the GoPro and it even uses the GoPro accessories. I got mine from ebay for $125 including shipping.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TooLateVTEC/videos

Theres a link to my YouTube channel, all the boat videos where the camera is on the windshield, as well as the ones where the camera is on the windshield of the race car (and inside the car), theres a few from where I used it underwater snorkeling in the Bahamas. That will give you an idea on the picture and sound quality.

Now it doesn't have the really up to date features of the highest price GoPro's like the wifi so you can live stream the footage to a smartphone/tablet, and it has a detachable screen that's small (a little over an inch wide...not sure how big the go pro screen is).

Anyway, ive had it a couple years now and its a good deal for the money IMO. I also comes with several mounts that you can stick them onto stuff with.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.