New 500 EFIs being built by Potter Performance >

New 500 EFIs being built by Potter Performance

Notices

New 500 EFIs being built by Potter Performance

Old 08-11-2014, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TooLateVTEC
Lucky, a company called Astak Action Pro makes a camera real similar to the GoPro and it even uses the GoPro accessories. I got mine from ebay for $125 including shipping.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TooLateVTEC/videos

Theres a link to my YouTube channel, all the boat videos where the camera is on the windshield, as well as the ones where the camera is on the windshield of the race car (and inside the car), theres a few from where I used it underwater snorkeling in the Bahamas. That will give you an idea on the picture and sound quality.

Now it doesn't have the really up to date features of the highest price GoPro's like the wifi so you can live stream the footage to a smartphone/tablet, and it has a detachable screen that's small (a little over an inch wide...not sure how big the go pro screen is).

Anyway, ive had it a couple years now and its a good deal for the money IMO. I also comes with several mounts that you can stick them onto stuff with.
Man Too Late that's awesome. Im just about to check out your Youtube right now on it. Thanks for the info. I was just about to buy a Go Pro this weekend.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:49 PM
Registered

Update on my new Potter Power. I went out again Sunday afternoon for a couple of hours. It was really all I could stand due to too damn hot here in Florida right now. If you slow down for 5 minutes your soaking wet with sweat. Once you get on top again it feels great until the sweat dry's then the wind blowing threw your hair starts to burn your face and your forehead. Then I realized this must be what it would be like boating in hell!! LOL. Anyhow I can feel the difference in the power every time I go out now. My motors get more responsive and a lot stronger every time we use the boat. This must mean they are starting to get broke in. I have made sure not to run them at any particular RPM. It may be a old wives tail but I was always told when breaking in a new motor to run it at all different RPMs and try to change things around in a lot of different power scenario's. I was told this will break the motors in more evenly. Let me know if you think this is just a old wives tail or you had heard something similar to this before. Other then that the motors are running dynamite. I want to go ahead and re prop them now but another old wives tail says to let the weather cool off some what and some of the humidity go away first. This would bring our power to a best case scenario and then we would be sure the props will be correct. Lets get a little input please from some of you guys who have been around for a while.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Lucky1456
Man Too Late that's awesome. Im just about to check out your Youtube right now on it. Thanks for the info. I was just about to buy a Go Pro this weekend.
That camera does a awesome job. As does your checkmate. Not telling you how to run your boat but I was watching your runs and when you get her right next to wide open and she starts that little bow hop. Bump your tabs down just a hair and trim up just a hair again. The tab will take out the bounce and the little extra trim should counter the tab and give a couple mph just by laying her down smooth. Once you do that then give her the rest of the throttle. It may also take that dance out of the back end too by stabling her corners. She is awful fast. I could see her start to dance in the stern a little once there. Let me know how she does when you try that. The Fountain has a pad right on the back end of the keel. This helps the boat stop that dance in that back some what. The other thing that helps my boat from dancing is my tabs have stops on them that stops them right even with the bottom of the boat when all the way up. This is what I was trying to get you to hit when I said bump your tabs down a hair. You want the tabs right straight even with the bottom of the hull when wide open. If you cant hit that mark while running pull her out set the tabs even with the bottom and put her back in and try it. Then you will feel what I'm talking about. I bet you will be getting someone to make you a set of stops for your tabs as well. Let me know.
Lucky
Old 08-23-2014, 10:21 AM
Registered

Received 1,389 Likes on 776 Posts

Lucky,

Have you got your props yet? What did you end up with for speed?
Old 08-23-2014, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucky1456
That camera does a awesome job. As does your checkmate. Not telling you how to run your boat but I was watching your runs and when you get her right next to wide open and she starts that little bow hop. Bump your tabs down just a hair and trim up just a hair again. The tab will take out the bounce and the little extra trim should counter the tab and give a couple mph just by laying her down smooth. Once you do that then give her the rest of the throttle. It may also take that dance out of the back end too by stabling her corners. She is awful fast. I could see her start to dance in the stern a little once there. Let me know how she does when you try that. The Fountain has a pad right on the back end of the keel. This helps the boat stop that dance in that back some what. The other thing that helps my boat from dancing is my tabs have stops on them that stops them right even with the bottom of the boat when all the way up. This is what I was trying to get you to hit when I said bump your tabs down a hair. You want the tabs right straight even with the bottom of the hull when wide open. If you cant hit that mark while running pull her out set the tabs even with the bottom and put her back in and try it. Then you will feel what I'm talking about. I bet you will be getting someone to make you a set of stops for your tabs as well. Let me know.
Lucky
Dont worry, im always open to advice and criticism and I appreciate that and will give it a try.

Thanks
Old 08-31-2014, 09:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Lucky,

Have you got your props yet? What did you end up with for speed?
Wildman I honestly haven't run her out like that just yet. I have seen 87 MPH on my GPS twice. Both times I pulled back on her. We are due to change oil sometime this week. After that Ill run her out and see what she turns RPM wise and what speed looks like at that point too. I'm going to need to know for my new props. Ill let you know how she does by next weekend.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:00 PM
Registered

I spoke to Brett at BBlades last week. He ask for the performance parameters. I told him I would get them for him. He said he would send me out some props to try. He also thinks that something in a five blade is going to best for us. I told him what I had heard on Offshore about the five blade props and Fountain boats. He said he has something new he wants me to try before making that decision. He tells me that the new props with the vent holes in them are a whole new technology. If tuned in correctly will perform best on my Fountain. We shall see for sure gents.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:36 AM
Registered

Received 1,389 Likes on 776 Posts

Cool lucky, sounds good so far.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:18 PM
Registered

I haven't been on offshore for months. Been crazy busy with work. I think I have put maybe 30 hours on my motors since I got them back. I ended up put 27' 5 blade Hydros on for my props. Some guys talk about the Hydros giving the Fountain stern lift. I'm here to contest to that. My 32 used to hold her bow up for what seemed like 3 minutes or more before getting on top. This was with my stock power. I put those 5 blade hydros on and she doesn't hold her bow up at all now its like she jacks the stern and is gone. I have never seen a boat get on top so easy before. The props are awesomely smooth as well.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:22 PM
Registered

I never did get the chance to video it yet but the boat is running what looks to be 92 MPH to me. Its really hard to get a perfect eye on it when you run that fast. Your brain kind of tells you to look where the hell your going more then how fast your going. At least mine did. I run her out several times and the same thing happened every time. I said I look at the speed good this time. LOL Yea right!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.